8: A Fallen Angel

**Y/n POV**

"So Sukuna's soul is housed within your own?" I asked Yuuji.

"Well, yea... Something like that," he mumbled.

I just learned that he was slowly but surely on his way towards an execution. Once he had consumed all Sukuna's fingers, that was the next step.

Which it's unbelievable this guy saw a random finger and decided, oh let me just eat that real quick...

Anyway, apparently his execution was the only way to free this world of the King of Curses.

This was honestly my first time hearing of any of this, which surprised me. I thought I would've heard something since being with the Zenin's.

No wonder they kept me hidden once Toji exposed my technique. Naoya was already terrified of losing me, I'm sure this added to the paranoia.

Along with the fact that it seems the Zenin's wanted Yuuji dead more than anyone.

On the bright side, there's no way I'd ever let anything happen to Yuuji Itadori. Add me to his list of guardians I guess.

He was a treasure in this dark world, one I would gladly sacrifice myself to protect.

"So how does your technique work then?" Nobara asked. "You gonna slice up Sukuna with those chain things?"

"I mean, wouldn't that just be slicing up Yuuji too?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Well how the hell am I supposed to know!?" she got defensive.

I actually really adored her too.

This was a dangerous group to get close with. If I wasn't careful, I'd end up with a full list of people I'd be willing to die for.

24hours with them and I'm already softening up... Still, my main objective would always be to get revenge.

First on Naoya. Then on everyone who destroyed my mother.

I would never let myself lose sight of that.

"Will you explain your technique?" Megumi asked softly.

And there it was. The third person on this ever-growing list of people I admired and appreciated.

He was intense, but from the first time I laid my eyes on him, I knew he cared. Really, truly cared.

I could feel it, and yet, I had no idea why. He didn't seem to be like Yuuji who just cared about everyone.

And he wasn't like Nobara who I think felt a kinship to me since we were both younger woman in this misogynistic sorcery world.

So why was he being so kind?

I sighed, "Yea, so uh, my chains..." I trailed off, at a loss as to where I should even begin.

I guess I'll just keep it simple.

"I can use them to drain cursed energy."

"Drain?" his eyes intensified. "What do you mean?"

"As in she can literally drain someone's technique from them, stealing their power and even their entire life source if she wanted to," Gojo answered.

He glanced over at me, "At least that's what I was told. Is it right?"

"Basically, yea," I nodded.

"It's remarkable really," Geto muttered out, mostly to himself since he was zoning out at the grass beneath us.

"But it's definitely not as easy as it sounds. I mean, my technique isn't compatible with everyone. And if I'm against an opponent who's stronger than me, or has more cursed energy than I do, it could kill me instead."