11: bestiesss

**Y/n POV**

I awoke to warmth and the soft sound of breathing that wasn't my own, a smile creeping across my face as I replayed the events of the previous night in my head.

Except the peacefulness was short lived as the body next to me began to scramble and jolt.

"Ahh! Y-Y/n!? Wha-what am I doing here?!"

I turned around to see a very red and flustered Yuuji, and I couldn't help but to start laughing at the sight. He was frantically pulling up the blanket to hide his bare chest.

"Where's my shirt?!" he kept yelling incoherent nonsense mixed in with actual sentences.

My laughing only increased, my side starting to ache with how funny I found this situation. I couldn't even remember the last time I had laughed like this.

I would've loved to wake up next to Sukuna, but this was almost better. Almost.

"Yuuji!" I cried out with laughter. "It's ok! Just breathe!"

He looked at me with wide eyes, finally realizing I didn't care in the slightest that he was here. I was actually starting to consider Yuuji a friend, so it didn't bother me.

He let out his own soft laugh, "S-sorry, I just wasn't expecting this."

"Yea, clearly," I teased as I sat up next to him, both of us resting our backs against the wall behind the bed.

"So, then, uh, Sukuna..." he trailed off as he looked around the room. "He came to help you?"

"Yea," I nodded. "You don't know what happens when you switch with him?"

He shook his head, "No, I never have any memory of it."

"Can you switch with him whenever you want?" I asked, curious as to how it all worked. And when I'd get to see him again.

"I mean, yea, I guess," he shrugged. "It's just kinda dangerous."

"How so?"

"Well, uh, it's Sukuna, so..." he stopped, not really knowing how to finish the thought.

"Mm, right," I mumbled. He was still feared and hated by the sorcery world, I almost forgot that small detail.

"But he made a pact not to hurt anyone if I switched with him last night, so I agreed."

"Really?" I looked at Yuuji with wide eyes. Sukuna made a pact just so he could see me? "Could you switch again tonight?"

Yuuji rubbed his neck nervously, "Uh..."

I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable, the words just tumbled out of my mouth without a second thought.

"Oi! Quit your yelling!!" Yuuji called out as he furrowed his eyebrows.

I stared at him in confusion, "I...I didn't say anything."

Yuuji let out an exasperated sigh, "No, not you. Sukuna's just loud."

I nodded, not really sure what to say to that. This whole situation was a bit bizarre. And honestly, I have bigger things to worry about, but still...

Last night had me feeling as if I were floating and finally free.

"I'm not sure about tonight," Yuuji looked at me. "But I promise soon, ok?"

"Yea, ok," I smiled at him.

He offered a small smile in return, "And uh, Y/n."

"Hmm?" I tilted my head a bit.