𝟐𝟎. ✭ 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 ✭

I sit in the backseat of Torey's vehicle and glare at the two of them, still hand in hand, as they leave the house. Now I'd seen the marks on Torey's body earlier, the sheer proof that he'd fucked my girlfriend, but it was an entirely different experience to actually walk in on it.

I pull the flask out of my back pocket as I think about walking into the house and hearing Dani moaning 'just like that' over and over again. I was on the main floor and could still hear them. It was the most obnoxious experience of my life and for more than just the obvious reason— that she was naked with another man doing unspeakable things. No, it was obnoxious because by the end of it I realized I was getting a bit stirred up and not in a bad way.

Now, I partook in my fair share of pretty crazy shit when I was in the military. I have even shared a woman with a few other men before but never one that I loved. The fact that hearing the two of them fuck made me want to fuck isn't exactly sitting with me right.

After I swallow a few gulps more whiskey Torey and Dani enter the car. Torey eyes me in the rearview with a look that's full of arrogance so I flip him the bird. He just chuckles before reversing out of the driveway.

"So," I start off looking at Dani, "are you going to tell her or should I?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." He's tight-lipped but Dani turns back and looks at me.

"Tell me what?"

"About how his mom was previously in the mob and that his fathers helped her get out of that mob." I flick my eyes to his irritated ones the are currently glaring at me in the rearview. "You know that your family doesn't necessarily have the cleanest reputation and that is where her son is."

"Our son." He corrected in a menacing tone. "Our son is with his family."

"Wait..." Dani looks over to Torey. "What is he talking about? Your parents are dangerous? Is our son in any danger?"

"No." He gives her a firm stare. "He is not in any danger, especially if he's with my parents. If there were ever any set of people who could keep him safe it's them."

"Then why didn't you tell her about them already? Your parents are criminals. Your mother was what you pretend to be for her father. She's murdered countless—"

"You know what, Brooks? Shut the fuck up." He spears a hand through his hair before looking over at a panicky Dani. "Listen, that was in her past, baby." I snort out a laugh. "What the fuck is so funny?"

"The fact that you're already fucking my girl and calling her baby." Dani gives me a guilty, sympathetic look. When she goes to say something I hold up a hand. "It is what it is, Dani. Guess things between us are over, then?"

"Brooks, things are just so complicated right now."

That's a fucking understatement if there ever was one.

"What's so complicated?" Torey pipes up in a tense manner. "He stalked you and then lied during your entire relationship."

"Oh real rich coming from you, the fucking FBI guy." I take a swig from my flask. "You are just as bad as me if not worse."

"Difference is I did it because I had to."

"Buuuullshit."

"Can the two of you please stop the pissing match?"

"Not much of a pissing match when we've done the nasty about a dozen or so times in the last twenty-four hours." I grimace at the back of Torey's head.

"She may have fucked up but does she love you?" I watch his hands tighten on the steering wheel with the grip of death. "That's what I thought. Not every girl wants to give their heart to a dominant dickhead who's constantly wanting to piss on her leg. Especially one who is so goddamn egocentric."