Incognito Part 11

At two o'clock in the morning, Joe heard a loud knock on the door. He ran to the door thinking it's Taylor, he was surprised and worried when police officers were waiting outside.

"Joseph Alwyn, do you know Taylor Swift?"

"Yes, did you find her? Is she okay? Where is she?"

"She's in the hospital. We found her semiconscious in her car on the side of the road. She was mumbling your name over and over. That's why we came to you".

Joe quickly took the information from the police and drove to the hospital. 

"Taylor Swift, where can I find her" After checking his ID, a nurse escorted Joe into the room 1313. He found Taylor lying on bed sleeping  looking pale, with  cold, clammy skin. An IV line is in her arm and Oxygen therapy is ongoing.

Joe hugged Taylor gently held her cold hand and kissed her forehead. Tear fell from his eyes when the doctor came in. He explained Taylor's condition as dehydration, hypoglycemia, fatigue and electrolyte imbalance. 

"Taylor was able to tell that she just kept driving, never stopping for food or drink. She almost fell asleep while driving and pulled over on the side of the road to rest. Luckily she was found by police, that area is secluded and crimes have happened in that particular spot. She was calling out for you and became hysterical. We sedated her in order for her to relax and rest. She needs to stay here for close monitoring and regain her energy".

Joe was shaking hearing the doctor's report. Taylor was on the verge of collapse and was in danger because of him. He blamed his behavior for her sudden decision to leave. He called Andrea and Scott telling them that he has found Taylor in the hospital.

Joe sat on Taylor's bedside holding her hand, kissing her knuckles, squeezing them once in a while when she becomes restless. He stared at her pale face, muttering " I'm sorry Tay, I'm sorry. I understand why you kept your mission a secret. I'm going to make amends and keep you safe all the time".

Joe finally fell asleep at the break of dawn, with Taylor's hand on his own. Taylor opened her eyes looking disoriented and confused of her whereabouts. She tried to move her hand but it was anchored on something solid. She saw a blond head resting on the side of her bed. She smiles, moved her hand and caressed the silky blonde hair gently loving the feel of his soft hair.

Joe slowly opened his eyes feeling the hand gently running thru his hair. He gazed at the bluest eyes that he loves dearly. "Tay, thank God you're awake. I'm sorry for letting you down with my misguided thoughts."

"Hi, Joe I'm sorry for running away. I'm sorry for not telling you my mission in the company. I was planning to tell you but was distracted by a hot boyfriend who wanted to canoodle instead of talk". Taylor sported a naughty smirk on her face. "Can you forgive me?"

"I have forgiven you the moment you stepped into my house. I loved the way you tried to seduce me but I'm sorry for ignoring you. I love you and I can never stay angry with you. Can you forgive me too my love?" Joe gave her puppy dog eyes and a kiss on her knuckles.

"I love you too, my darling. I should have been straightforward with you. I promise no more secrets. No more secret missions." Taylor raised her right hand in a swearing motion.

Just then Andrea and Scott came into the room with worries on their faces. The relief was immediately apparent upon seeing Taylor sitting up on bed smiling with Joe by her side.

"Taylor, how are you doing? You gave us a big scare. Thank God the police found you unharmed." Andrea gave her daughter a big hug. Scott patted Joe's back and hugged Taylor as well.

The doctor made a visit and ordered more lab works for Taylor. "If your labs are normal,  Taylor, can go home later today. You need to regain your strength, hydrate, eat nutritious food and have enough rest and sleep."