Betrayed By Own

The markets were quite empty and many shops were closed as most of the people were gone to the protest. On empty pathways, two men were headed to a certain direction among which one was unable to be recognized due to his disguised appearance. 

"I still fail to understand why you are suddenly so concerned about her." Hellion glanced in his friend's direction. 

"I…you see the allegations they have put on her. They will surely punish her so I am just worried for her well being. She doesn't deserve all of this." He answered but unlike other days, today Mathew had something off on his face. 

"Sure," Hellion rolled his eyes, looking at one of the posters stuck to a wall that said 'Petition to demand punishment for the runaway princess'. Many people had signed under it with red ink. 

In just a few days she went from a crown princess to a 'runway princess'. How odd were these people?

He strode past the sign but for some reason he stopped, stepped backwards and with one sudden movement he snatched it off the wall, tore it apart and threw it away as he kept walking in between doing so.

Mathew saw his friend doing that but didn't question nor comment on it. He was lagging a few steps behind and was also glancing behind him. 

Soon they were standing outside the cottage. Hellion knocked on the door but as soon as the door opened revealing a short man, he frowned. 

"You?" He didn't seem happy upon seeing him. 

"Yes, me. You didn't think I was going to remain stuck there, did you?" The short man raised an eyebrow at him and then looked at Mathew.

"Where is she?" Came a voice which was neither Hellion's nor Mathew's. 

Only Hellion turned around to look at a man who stood right behind them with a gun aimed right at Hellion's forehead. Mathew remained frozen to his spot and so did Hellion's eyes on his face. More men had surrounded them with weapons aimed at them. 

Hellion let out a humorless chuckle still gazing at the face of his 'friend'. His hand went up to rub his temple as he gritted his teeth, "Wow," 

"Where is our Princess?" The man roared again. 

"P-princess?" The short man repeated under his breath and held his hands up in the air. "I didn't have anything to do with it. She left already, a few moments ago."

This time the sarcastic smirk left Hellion's face as he turned around to look at the man abruptly. "Left where?" He inquired before the man who stood behind him.

"I don't know. S-she said to a friend." 

She doesn't have any friend, Hellion thought frowning as he tried to pick up her scent in the air. 

"You are coming with us, Mister." The man behind Hellion nudged his shoulder with the cold metal of his gun. 

"Listen Lio, don't get me wrong. Johnson had made a deal with the general. Once they will get the Princess, they will spare you." Mathew immediately whispered nearing him. 

"I will deal with you later." Hellion gazed in his eyes. 

Mathew's eyes slightly widened as he saw a hint of red flickering in Hellion's dark eyes. The way he said those words sent chills down his spine. 

The next thing that the men witnessed befuddled their senses. Hellion escaped their besiege in the blink of an eye with a crazy speed that made him look like a beam of light. Some didn't even see that beam because they were blinking at the moment. 

"S-sorcerer…" 

~

She was walking aimlessly on the stone path, kicking a small stone with the tip of her shoe, making it move with her. She was dangling her little bag back and forth, thinking about how her life had drastically changed in only one night. 

She didn't notice when the trees around her started lessening and a dry sandy desert had started appearing under her feet. A hissing sound somewhere near startled her and she stopped, looking around. 

Something was crawling under the sand right before her feet and soon that certain something showed itself. It was a poisonous looking black snake. With a scream, she stepped away from it abruptly. The snake lifted its head up and jerked it in her direction, causing her to turn on her heel and run. 

She didn't even look back until she was away from the sand and back on the stone footpath. There she stopped and took deep breaths in an attempt to calm down her racing heart. 

"Where was I going?" She said looking around because it was then that she noticed how far she had gone from the population. 

The vast endless desert behind her scared her to the very core. It seemed just like her life at the moment, clueless. A never ending doom of despair was what she always thought about the desert whenever she saw it from the window of the tower. She didn't know that she was about to find her flower of hope in that same doom of despair. 

Shaking her head, she immediately started walking back towards the town. I shall sell off this ring and rent a place to stay the night, she planned looking at the gold ring in her finger. It was strange how the thief didn't take it away as well. 

Someone came in her way and she looked up intending to shoo them aside but her tongue paralyzed as soon as she saw who it was…