the fallout

The fallout by Everydaythursday

Wattpad
49 chapters, 4 years of war after 6th year
(Safe houses, battles, SLOWBURN, 1572 days) I didn't like how it was written, it can get very confusing. Hermione was very weak in this.🤍

so I tried to read it a while back but couldn't finish because of the pacing and the time jumps. I recently finished the entire thing and was kinda like conflicted on how i felt on it. like it's hard to create a compelling fic that happens over the span of more than four years (!!!) continuously. Nothing really felt natural.  I know it's realistic how mione is not the best in battle because she's inexperienced, I know that this contributes to really good character development later on, but it just doesn't happen quickly enough. In terms of the writing, the author definitely knows what she's doing, but during the battle scenes she's so descriptive that by the time it's over you just sit there like,,, I literally have no idea what just happened. Talking about battle scenes, Hermione's on the brink of death virtually all the time, which kind of puts a damper on the scenes that are supposed to be suspenseful. There are some really good scenes (hose and paint scenes are chefs kiss) but they don't really salvage anything. However, I will say that this is my favorite smut ever. Draco is extremely toxic in this one, so buckle up.

now i know this review is a bit negative but please don't let this stop you from reading the book. you'd definitely have to read it yourself to form a more realistic opinion.

the book is not bad at all i promise. it's just the time jumps that were holding me back. but that's just me, it takes me a bit more time for me to comprehend so it can be completely different for y'all.