xxix. i promise, we'll meet again.

𖦹

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,chapter twenty-nine!━━

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,
chapter twenty-nine!
━━

SHE was only five years old when her family was ripped apart. when the running became real. when she realized her home wasn't her home. when she realized her parents weren't who she thought they were.

when they broke into her home, armed and unafraid, that's when time seemed to pass by so much slower. like life went by in slow motion. their secret cottage, away from anyone or anything, was being invaded.

the yells she let out to her big brothers, the calls for help as they were pulled out of their rooms. "CHARLIE!!"

——— "CLAY!!" oh how she cried for them. her legs kicking and her nails scratching as she tried her best to claw her way out of the soldier's grip. the heart shattering cries that filled her brother's ears. "Y/N!!" clay yelled back, making his way out of the man's grip and running to her.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE FINE, I PROMISE!" he yelled, jumping over the debris, his eyes frantically scanning in hope he'd see her.

"CHARLIE, TELL HER, WE'LL ALL BE FINE!"

there was no call back. just the grunts from his older brother. "charlie?" he stopped where he was and quickly turned back, his eyes welling with tears. the dirt that had been kicked up into the air making it harder to see.

his arm was grabbed and the screams that followed scarred y/n. "LET ME GO!" she heard him scream.

the tears in her eyes stinging more and more as she tried to stay strong. "a woman should be able to do anything on their own. she's strong enough. you're strong enough." was what her mother would tell her.

the soldiers didn't move, no one did. it was as if they were just waiting for orders. their only active order being: "keep your eyes on the kids."

charlie was still no where to be seen, he was no longer heard either. they were about 10 feet away from their home, soldiers big and small going in and out frantically searching the home.

tearing it apart, bit by bit... their pillows torn open and drawers thrown around. everyone was aware of what they were searching for, it was her mother's spell book. big bold letters reading, "DO NOT READ"        this was a book no one was allowed to touch —— they were always told it was far too dangerous.

clay and y/n had given up, too tired to continue fighting, heads drooped down low and tears softly flowing out.

then they heard it ——— they heard their mother's voice, followed by her father's, they were finally here. "/, " she yelled.
      ["y/n, bite."]