Chapter 1

It started with the days slowly skulking past agonisingly slow. The days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months. The first month being the hardest. The most painful. The slowest. I remember sitting up for hours wondering what they were doing or who they were with, if they were trying to find me or if they were as hurt as I was. Constantly I had the need to remind myself what I did is and was for their benefit. I had to do this so I didn't drag them down into the pits of my own personal hell.

By now it has been 6 years. I turned 21 a few months ago and I think that was possibly the absolute hardest day I possibly have had since I left. I cried for hours on end whilst drinking, smoking and drugging myself into an early grave.

On this little island I'm all alone, of course I have my guards dotted around the house and on and around the outskirts of my island, patrolling in boats. But they're not really here. They are soldiers to be used at whatever expense I see fit. After everything there is no way I can let myself get close to anyone,  the first person I trusted, with him I entrusted my life, but he broke that and broke me to a point of no retern in the process.

All I can do is sit behind my desk pondering on thoughts whilst working myself to the bone, it's either that or the drink and drugs I tend to throw a huge party every week where everyone gets fucked up.

At this particular moment of my thoughts roaming, the chime of my phone ringing shrills through my ears. Picking the latest tech toy up I glance at the screen slightly blurred in my line of sight, not being able to make out the name subconsciously I accept the call placing it to my ear.

"hello, whose this?" my voice is unrecognisable in my current state, but I can no longer function unless I'm like this.

"it's been a while... " my body completely tenses as the familiar voice hits me.

"Jimmy!" I shout as I sober up slightly, I put my phone on my desk placing it on loud speaker as one of my workers runs into the office. "go get me another 4 bottles of whiskey, an eighth and couple bags of whatever from the store cupboard in my bedroom, hurry up." he runs out of the room and I down the last of the Amber brown liquid in my glass.

"Dì ai tuoi uomini di dimettersi piccola o uccideremo tutti, perché non importa cosa nelle prossime ore la nostra piccola principessa sarà sana e salva al posto che le spetta. Non mi importa se devo attraversare l'intera isola di soldati. Noi. Volere. Ho. Voi. Casa." the voice of my eldest brother comes violent, threatening and demanding. He leaves no room for argument as he ends the call. Looks like its our time to meet again.

"Tell your men to stand down little one or we will kill everyone, because no matter what in the next few hours our little princess will be safe and sound in her rightful place. I don't care if I have to go through the whole island of soldiers. We. Will. Have. You. Home."

A few minutes pass before my office door opens and my computer chimes along with my phone ringing. I let out a growl of frustration as I thank Jimmy for bringing me what was requested from him, accepting the call I put my phone to my ear.

"what?" I grit through the phone.

"boss, three is a plane requesting to land. May I give them permission?" one of my men asks politely unfazed by my disgusting attitude.

"sure." I let out a sigh of defeat, knowing I have no energy to defy my brother along with the fact I am in no state to attempt to escape my fate.

Standing on shaky legs, I roll a joint with shaky fingers and begin to leave my office with a lighter in hand. I head towards my bedroom liting the now rolled joint, I smoke as I sit on the bed set in the middle of the dark bare room, the proof of the sleepless zombie state I've been in is the bed that oh so clearly has not been slept in for months. Sighing I inhale deeply before eyeing the mirror on my bedside table holding the remnants of white dust.