Boxes

Prompt: New Home/Moving (alt)

Marinette stares at the half empty room, boxes piled up near the entrance. She had been living in that house for years now, it's quite terrifying how fast time flies when it wants to. She snaps out of her daze and continues to pack her sewing supplies into another box. She feels hands wrap themselves around her waist as someone hugs her from behind. That someone being her long term boyfriend.

"Bruce..." Marinette whines, "Let me finish packing..."

Bruce begrudgingly removes his hands and lifts the box Mari had finished packing, stacking it on the pile of boxes. Marinette giggles a little, it was adorable how even with the no nonsense vibe that rolls off him, Bruce can be quite the cuddler. Hearing her laugh, Bruce turns to his girlfriend. He smiles a rare smile, a genuine smile, at her before pulling her in for a kiss.

"Why do I have to walk in during the most unfortunate moments."

The voice made them snap out of their stupor as they see Tim walk in to stack yet another box on the pile. The couple just laughs softly as they in gesture for Tim to join them in a hug. The boy walks towards them, accepting the invitation as he melts into their arms. The situation feels oddly domestic considering their hectic lives, both day and night.

The three other boys walk into the room a while after, Dick being the last.

"Group cuddle!" he shouted as he dragged Jason and Damian to join which resulted in Damian taking out his katana.

"Don't you dare!" the youngest warned.

"Oh come on, Dames..." Dick said reaching to hug his brother.

Damian yelled, "Absolutely not!"

He runs out of the room with Dick chasing right behind him, the comfortable silence that loomed over a few minutes ago now replaced by chaotic shouting. Bruce sighed at their antics and Tim whined having found the silence and warmth comforting, and quite possibly because of the fact he hasn't slept in over three days, now running purely on caffeine.

"We should probably finish packing up if we're planning to move everything by tonight," Bruce said through the loud noises his sons were making.

Marinette nodded, "We probably should."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Marinette thanks the moving people as they placed the last of her things in the manor. She didn't have a lot of things, the boxes were mostly her clothes and sewing supplies. Her furniture, kitchenette, and a lot of other items are being donated to an orphanage since she doesn't need them anymore.

She carries one of the boxes to a room that was to be her studio only to see her boys, all five of them, on the couch, fast asleep. Marinette smiles at the sight as she puts the box she was holding down to go and find a blanket. Once she obtains the blanket, she walks back to the living room and drapes the blanket over the sleeping boys.

Marinette smiles again and takes a quick picture before continuing her way to the studio. Once all her items were in the studio, after she finishes setting everything up, she walks into the living room again. All five boys were still sleeping peacefully on the couch.

"Would you like to have some tea with me, Ms. Marinette?" Alfred said gently as he entered the room, a fond smile on his face as he looks at his son and grandchildren.

"That would be lovely, Alfred."

581 words

Day 1!! Let's go!!
XOXO
-Leen