Public Twitter

Prompt: Public Chaos

It was Bruce and Marinette's 6th year anniversary. Bruce had taken her to the Wayne Botanical Garden for their date. They had met each other there when Marinette was looking for inspiration and Bruce came to check on things. Bruce had been intrigued by the designer's designs. One thing led to another and they started dating. Their date was simple, nothing too romantic. It was just dinner on one of the benches there, sitting together in each other's presence.

Marinette was wearing a white sundress. It's sleeves fell off her shoulders making her look elegant but still keeping it simple. The dress itself fell right above her knees and was a little bit longer on the back side. It was embedded with various patterns of flowers all around. Her date had on a casual white button up shirt completed with a pair of jeans.

Bruce could feel his nerves creep up on him as he reached for the small box in his pocket. Inside it was a gold ring, custom made by one of the best jewelers in Gotham. It was an infinity ring with a bat on one end, and a ladybug on the other. On the inner part was engraved the words "mon amour" in beautiful calligraphy, my love.

"Marinette," he said, catching her attention.

He stood up and came to stand in front of her. He fiddled with the box in his hands a bit before finding the right position to hold it and went down on one knee.

"When I met you here six years ago I could've never imagined that our future would turn out like this. I regret nothing approaching you and everyday I'm grateful that I did. You always managed to amaze me with everything you do. Everytime I think I know every part of you, you always show me there's more. The day I found out you started protecting Paris at thirteen, when I hadn't even started my training, my adoration skyrocketed despite the fact that I thought it couldn't go higher. You love the boys with such care that they view you like a mother. Now I ask, would you want to make it official? Would you do me the honor of being their mother, of being my wife?"

"Yes," Marinette replied softly between her cries of joy, tears were already spilling from her eyes.

Bruce smiled and placed the ring on her finger. He stood up and kissed her with a passion. The kiss felt familiar, but no less loving. They embraced each other for quite some time before their peace was cut short by the sounds of both their phones ringing.

The only notifications that can bypass the do not disturb settings both of them turned on were notifications from the boys. They looked at each other in confusion and Bruce opened his phone. He saw a notification from twitter. "@DickGrayson just tweeted" it said. He showed the notification to Marinette as he opened it.

Both their eyes widened in horror as they read it.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Prettiest Wayne @DickGrayson
Look at these two. Looks like Bruce finally got the guys to propose.
[View image]

Damian @DamianWayne
Replying to @DickGrayson
Wrong account, Grayson.

I need coffee @TimothyDrake
Replying to @DickGrayson
The press is going to have a field day over this…

View more replies

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

A few seconds later, the tweet was deleted along with all its replies. Unfortunately both Bruce and Marinette knew that the news would reach the headlines tomorrow. The press only needs a second to gather up news like this, the tweet was posted for a full five minutes. That and the fact that #BrucinetteProposal was trending.

The two shared similar sighs and packed their items to head back to the manor. It was going to be a long night.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Tim was already starting to get a hold of the situation when they got back. He was hunched over on his laptop looking more exhausted than normal. Marinette walked slowly over to him and took his laptop away from him. She sat next to him and ran her hand through his hair.

"Take a break, sweetie, we'll take it from here."

"But-"

"Nope, don't make me carry you to bed."

Tim reluctantly got up and headed to his room, stretching his arms as he walked.

"You know it's very unlikely that he will sleep right?" Bruce said, sitting down as well.

Marinette giggled, "Yeah, but he looked like he was about to pass out."

She sighed and leaned back.

"So, the situation? Are we just going to come clear to the press? Just announce we're engaged?"

Bruce seemed to think about it for a moment.

"I suppose that's ok, we'll just keep our wedding date a secret, it's not like we discussed when our wedding is going to be held anyway."

The couple smiled at each other and just sat there, cuddling in silence. A couple of minutes later, Dick walked in, a guilty look on his face. When Marinette noticed, she gestured for him to come over. Dick walked over slowly and joined them on the couch. Both Bruce and Marinette gave him a tight hug.

Everything's gonna be just fine

873 words

That proposal was oddly easy to write. I guess I'm just a really sappy person.
XOXO
-Leen