Two - One Handyman and One little Handylady

High buildings towered on the side of the road, apartment complexes and office buildings adding to the dreary mood boiling in this street like a cauldron.

Warily, I followed behind the stranger, whose name I learned to be Jungkook, carefully eyeing the car he pretty much fell into tiredly, sprawling over the driver's seat.

It was a grey Bentley that once must've cost a shit ton, but right now rather looked as if he'd zoomed through a filled barn with it, scratched up and used to the point I worried it would fall apart once I entered.

"Get in, girl." Jungkook waved vaguely, voice but a low grunt, "What are you waiting for? Want me to open the door for you or what?"

Albeit his rather dramatic entrance had I decided that Jungkook was not particularly threatening, but I still had qualms after being taught over and over again not to enter a stranger's car. In these scenarios the stranger usually persuaded me to enter though - now I'd much rather forced him to take me with him.

The bag I'd used to blackmail him with was still in my tight clutches - I wasn't stupid enough to let go of it yet. For some reason this heavily armed man wanted to avoid harming me at all cost, what I on the one hand highly respected, but on the other hand also not understood - I mean, what did he have to loose? I would've called the police either way.

"You struck me more as a bike kind of guy." I stated once I'd gotten over myself and entered, pleasantly surprised about the relative cleanliness inside the car and the slight apple scent coming from an air freshener that was hanging on the rear mirror.

"Am I too boring?" Jungkook started turning the key in it's hole, "You can still leave you know?"

I looked at him for a moment, before smiling, "No. The Bentley is fine."

Jungkook sighed.

"Could use some reparations though."

"Isn't worth the money." He started the engine and crunched into reverse gear, turning back to carefully maneuver out of the parking lot.

"You're a shitty driver."

"Why? I'm doing fine, am I not?"

"Yes, but you parked awfully."

"I didn't think it would matter." He grumbled behind his mask.

"Where are we going?"

Wordlessly, the dark haired pointed at the bag in my arms, "Delivering this."

"Where?"

"You'll see."

"To whom?"

"You'll see."

"Isn't this too quick?"

"Huh?" He glanced at me irritated.

"I didn't even deliver the form to my school and the internship only starts tomorrow."

"Should've thought about this before making me take you with me." Jungkook sighed tiredly, eyes droopy while he stared straight ahead at the road. Did this guy ever get sleep? "This way you still have time to change your mind."

"Nah." I snipped a spec of dust off my arm non committingly, "So, what do we do?"

Jungkook side-eyed me, brows drawn up as if he was surprised that I bothered to ask in the first place, "We're Handymen."

"Handymen?"

"Or, well, one Handyman and one little Handy-Lady."

"No, I meant like - Handymen? Don't they like... deliver food, fix shelves, paint fences, all that shit?"

"Yeah"

....

"I don't think that's what you're doing."

"No?"

"No."

"How come?"

"You fell through my closed window."

"Painting fences is a dangerous job after all."

I snorted, "Didn't take you for such a funny guy."

In the way his eyes slightly crinkled up I could tell that he was smiling underneath his mask, "I'm trying."

From then on, the car ride was quiet, awkwardly so. I mean I didn't really have any topic to chit-chat with him over. I didn't actually know anything about him.

"Why do you wear this stupid mask?"

"...I'm sorry?"

"It looks stupid."

"You look stupid."

"No. I look normal. You're walking around with Halloween decoration in your face."

"Wow, now you're just being rude."

"And you're really hard to talk to."

"At least I'm not going around insulting others over their fashion choices."

"Would hardly call that a fashion choice." - at that, Jungkook took a sharp right turn, making my head thump against the car window, "Hey!"

He shrugged, "You did say I'm a shitty driver."

"Fair."

___

xx