Comfort

In which you, the reader, recall a time when you awoke from your slumbers and find yourself frightened by thunder and your own nightmares.

The thunder crashed outside, making me open my eyes suddenly, shooting up out of bed from fright. I sighed as I grasped the blanket tightly.
I had been afraid of Thunder for ages, but it didn't help that I was having nightmares more frequently than usual. They were all usually the same, or at least similar, but they'd all follow a similar pattern. The dreams would usually start out good, would turn bad, and would end with me falling to my demise, which would be when I'd wake up. Sometimes I'd be ok, frightened, but ok. But tonight, I was in tears. It was like I couldn't control them, they just kept falling. As I sobbed lightly in my bed, I heard a faint knock on the door. I hurried up and hesitantly opened the door to reveal a beautiful, teal haired person standing outside. This person was Raine Whispers, my housemate. I rubbed my eyes as I spoke. "What are you doing up?" I asked, questioning the beautiful person as they came into my room. "I could as you the same thing" they said, sitting on the edge of my bed, to which I came back to it and sat curled up in my blankets. "Are you alright?" They said, a look of concern upon their face. I looked away and hummed a light "mhm", but they caught on quickly. "The thunders rather loud, isn't it? At least, that's what's been keeping me awake all night" they spoke, looking out the window. The soft light from the moon made them shine brightly, like an Angel sent to help me. I smiled and hummed in response. They turned their attention back to me and smiled before holding their hand out. I hesitantly grabbed their hand. They began slowly tracing the lines on my fingers, sending me into what felt like a trance. "Feeling any better?" They spoke after a moment of silence between us. I nodded enthusiastically, making them giggle at my actions.
We continued to talk quietly for a while about random things, giggling after one of us tells a silly story or cracks a funny joke, until we ended up seated with them against my headboard, my leaning against their shoulder as they played with my hair. They continued to talk about stories of their friends from school, which I nodded sleepily at. Soon enough I dozed off to sleep, completely forgetting the thunder or nightmares ever bothered me in the first place

~~~ Bonus ~~~

They slowly changed positions, laying me down on the bed, lying next to me, still fiddling with my hair. They sighed before kissing my forehead, pulling me on close to then cuddle as the two of us drifted off into a deep slumber in the comfort of each other's arms.

Word count : 493