Chapter 1

I vividly remember being 9 and seeing a ghost for the first time. I ran to my mom to tell her but, all she said was, "Ghosts aren't real, dear. It's all inside your head." That wasn't the last time I saw one, though, about 10 months later after complaining to my mom about seeing them she took me to a psychiatrist. This was when I got diagnosed with schizophrenia. I don't believe I really have it though, and I ran out of meds a few days ago. I'm 17 now, living in a foster home because no one wanted me. We can't afford to pay for my meds anymore so my foster  mom told me that I'll just have to deal with it. I started "seeing things" again today but it's actually quite normal. I haven't told anyone but that medicine didn't actually do anything for me. I kept seeing "ghosts" and phantoms, things no one else could see. I always remembered that it was just in my head, or so I thought it was based on my mother's words. 

Some of the ghosts started to talk to me. I've made a couple friends with some of them, since no one at school likes me. One of their names' is Olive. She's about the same age as I am, kind of, I mean she died in 1944. This year is 2038. She was 18 when she died. She died in the Holocaust, which I can't go into detail about because I don't know a lot about it. She's the only person I feel I can be fully open to, and she's open to me too. She comes to highschool with me and she plans on being at my graduation next month. I'm really nervous because I don't know what I want to do with my life. I was considering teaching but I don't know how that would go.

I have made one friend who is "real". Their  name is Kai, and they are a junior in highschool. We became friends last year in our French class. I was helping them pronounce, "l'amour est gratuit" which directly translates to, "love is free." Kai is nonbinary, they are super sweet and supportive too. I was thinking about asking them out to go to Paris's Eatery or not. I might do it, I've really liked Kai ever since I met them. 

My name is Crystal, most people call me Rysie and Kai calls me Crys, I was born in Vichester. Not to be confused with Winchester, they are two HUGELY different places. For one Vichester is a lot better, but also a lot older. I have bright green eyes, Kai always said they were the color of the inside of a fresh, ripe, lime. My hair is golden bronze as one of my previous foster mother's called it, my hair goes down below my waist. I typically wear it in a braid though. I'm very tall for my age, I'm about 6'3, most girls my age are 5'4. I'm not skinny, but at the same time I'm not very big either. I typically dress in legging and oversized T-Shirts. I rarely do my makeup besides a little bit of eyeliner, and I always wear too much jewelry. I typically have my nails painted black and I wear a gray scrunchie on my wrist. I have an anklet that my uncle gave me. 

Olive has auburn hair cut in a short curly bob with bangs. She has violet eyes like the rest of the ghosts I've met and she always wears an old dress. She wears an old hat her mother gave her. She also exclusively wears heels. She carries around a tan handbag and a small umbrella. Her voice sounds like that of a golden bell. She is absolutely beautiful. Kai is a little shorter to me and has blonde messy hair. They are always wearing jeans, and their pink tennis shoes their little sister gave them. Kai has to wear glasses which reflect their icy blue eyes. They have always been very shy and quiet. I gave Kai a necklace last year that they wear everyday. Kai also has a long scar running down their face from their left eyebrow to the right side of their jaw. They told me it was from a dog when they were five, but I'm pretty sure it was from their... nevermind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Today started out like any old day, I woke up to my foster siblings screaming and fighting. I stumbled out of bed to get dressed and then found that my anklet was missing. I thought nothing of it and finished getting ready. I went downstairs to see if anyone knew where my anklet went. That's when my life was about to change. 

    Before I tell this part of the story, I need to make one thing very clear, I AM NOT A PIRATE. During this time in my story I am not a pirate and I didn't even know they existed. Now you may continue reading, Thank you.