Bioluminescence Pt. 2

Last time on Bioluminescence: 

"I hope you don't expect Hi and Shelton to come along," Ben absentmindedly scratched the back of his neck.

"Actually I was," I teased.

He gave me a pout. And I don't mean those regular type of pouts. I mean like, really cutesy, over-exaggerated type of pouts that made me want to jump into the ocean and swim to Holland.

"So I'll bring some food for dinner?" He asked.

"We're having dinner?" I asked incredulously. "In your boat?"

"I never said we weren't," Ben gave a mischievous wink.

And that was how Ben saved me from a painstaking dinner with Whitney.

//////////a/n

DISCLAIMER: I have absolutely no idea how polaroid cameras work and whether or not 'double selfies' could be taken since polaroids take a few seconds to develop so yeah.

Hope you guys enjoy the update! I really appreciate how you guys comment on previous chapters saying I should update and I really love that. I really do. Because it feels like you guys are supporting me on this... Even though this is a fan-fiction and not all credit goes to me. But I feel such a crazy confident boost whenever I read the few 'update the book!' comments and I feel like I could do a great job on writing this and I love y'all to infinity and back and you have no idea how y'all make my days :)

So yeah, I think most people prolly skipped this but, without further ado, here's your update!

* Tory *

"Oh my gosh Ben," My eyes felt like they were popping out due to the most beautiful sight I have ever seen in front of me. There it was, outlining the sides of the river, was the glow-in-the-dark wilderness.

I turned to Ben. "This is the best thing ever!

"I'm glad you like it," He smiled as I gaped at the beauty of nature. He took out a lighter.

"Ben.." I looked at him questioningly.

"What?" He asked. "Can't a guy want a candlelight dinner?"

Wait, what?

How can I not be in love with him?

I clapped my hands excitedly (like a retarded seal, I must say) as he lit a small, white candle and stuck it onto the middle of the seat.

"Now for the main course," He took out a small picnic basket from the boat storage.

"Ooh," I slurred. "Whatsit."

"Um.. sandwiches."

"Luxury compared to dinner with Whitney." I grabbed a slice.

We ate in silence. I resisted the constant urge to kiss Ben again and again, all over his face. I doubt that it would be attractive with a mouth full of bread.

"So." Ben wiped his hands with one of the napkins he brought along. "Want to collect some of them beauties?"

"I'm schtill eachting," I struggled to speak. 

He laughed, which was when I realized how rarely I hear him do that. His smile is so wide when a glorious laugh escapes his lips, you barely have time to breathe. His laugh sounded like a choir of angels from heaven. I think I'm truly in love with Ben Blue.

I finally swallowed my last bite. "Done."

"Smile, baby!" I stared agape at him with my wide eyes. What did he just call me? A flash blinded me and, startled, I fell backwards.

"Whoa! Easy," He chuckled as he caught me from falling off the Sewee. "Want to see the polaroid? It just came out."

He was looking at my embarrassing face. He was looking at my damn embarrassing face!

"Gimme that!" I snatched the picture from him and held it close to me. "No see."

"But Ben wants see," He talked in a babyish voice.

"No." I turned the other way and held my nose high. No way is he going to see that.

I felt his arms wrap around me. Tingles spread throughout my body as he touched me. "But pwetty pwease? Wif chewwy on top?"

I stood there, not knowing what to say. Why wasn't he this cute when he was trying to impress me?

"Nyu," I mimicked his baby voice. "Nyu, I will not let chu see."

He groaned. "Okay, I give up. Keep it to yourself then."

"Yay!" I raised my hands in the air and put on my biggest grin. Suddenly, I felt the polaroid disappear from my hand.

"Why," I fake-cried. "Ben, why?"

He simply stuck out his tongue at me. "I won. Admit it, Brennan."

"No way in hell, Blue," I crossed my arms and huffed.

"C'mon baby..." His arm wrapped around my shoulders and on the other hand, he held his camera high. "Let's take a double selfie."

I looked at him, confused. "Double selfie?"

"When I click the camera twice quickly so that we would have close to identical pictures," He explained.

"It'll work?"

"Promise. Now, say cheesecake!" With that, we both looked into the lens and smiled. 

14th June. The day we had our first selfie together. The pictures that we kept for many years to come.