❀❀ INTRODUCTION ❀❀

Hello, peeps!

Hello, peeps!

Kitten - Wait, who said you can welcome the people? I was going to do that. *pouts*

Deep - No, you can't. Let me do the official opening.

Kitten - But why *whines*

Deep - See, that's why you can't. You always start whining about small things, we don't want to give a bad first impression to our readers.

Kitten - What? Excuse-moi, moi don't whine all the time.

Deep - Yeah yeah, whatever you say Kitty-cat. *chuckles*

*Kitten pouts and crosses arms*

Deep - Remove that pout now, we don't want to keep our readers waiting. *giggles*

Deep - It looks like our community intrigued you, but I'm certain that you are still not sure about all the aspects of this incredible community since we haven't explained it yet, so here we go.

Candlelight & Aurora Community is built on the aspects and emotions of two specific aesthetics; The Dark Academia, and The Cottagecore.

If anyone doesn't know what they are, don't worry. What are your amazing founders for?

Dark Academia is an aesthetic that romanticizes a general passion for knowledge and learning and the pursuit of self-discovery.  It's about the beauty of having piles of books in front of you because you are researching a topic. It's about the beauty of staying up late and reading poems that might tear your heart apart. It's in the beauty of reading classic literature and wishing that you could get lost in the books. It's about the beauty of turning pages after pages, hoping you will find your soul in one of them. It's about how a foreign language that you have just learned sounds so good at the tip of your tongue. It's about the undying curiosity for forbidden knowledge. Romanticizing education and presenting it in an alluring way, being pretentiouscriminal themes, danger and mystery, that's all Dark academia is about. The colors for this aesthetic are black, dark brown, forest green, dark orange, cream, gold, burgundy, etc.

Cottagecore is an idea that romanticizes the idea of simple living and harmony with nature. Themes associated with cottagecore include self-sufficiency, baking, and caring for people. Fantasizing about living in a faraway land in a beautiful cottage surrounded by the beauty and peacefulness of nature, waking up and walking out to a beautiful garden with a cup of tea. Watching colorful sky while sitting on a field is what Cottagecore is about. It is centered around simplicity and escapism, advocating, we reject our technology-obsessed world and instead, embrace nature. Cottagecore has a naturalistic color palette with light green foliage, browns of natural stones and wood, straw, and flowers

Now that I am finished explaining—more like rambling—about the two aesthetics, let's talk about the community. Well, you might be thinking why did we choose two totally opposite aesthetics to work with.

As humans, we go through various emotions all the time; some days we feel mysterious, sophisticated, confident, and bold, and radiate intimidating and criminal energy—similar to dark academic emotions—while other days we feel cute, sweet, innocent, we feel at peace, calm, and grounded, and radiate spiritual and welcoming energy—similar to cottagecore emotions.

Just because we are feeling different emotions, it doesn't mean we have changed, or our personality has changed; neither does it mean we are pretending or masking our emotions. It's just our valid emotions. So, if such different emotions can exist in us in such harmony, why can't our likings?

People assume that if someone likes Dark Academia, they won't like Cottagecore; or if someone likes Cottagecore, they won't like Dark Academia. Why? Because they are different and opposite ideas—while one is dark, mysterious and bold, the other one is sweet, soft and feminine.

One contradicts the other, right?

NO, WRONG.

Why limit yourself to choose between a feminine and a dark aesthetic. They don't need to eliminate each other.

If Persephone can be both Goddess of Spring and Queen of the underworld, so can we.

That's why we, Deep ( CaffeineBloodandInk ) and Kitten ( CrackedBrain ), decided to start this community which will represent and welcome both angelic & peaceful and chaotic & dark personalities and emotions of humans.

So if you are interested, please go ahead and check out the rules and position pages, and fill up your form.

Thank you!