Chapter 2

The first incident was in Qingqing City. An extraordinary child was born radiated light. After that, reports of people with superpowers popped up across the globe. No one knew what was causing these Quirks. Before long, the supernatural became totally normal. Dreams, a reality. The world became a superhuman society, with 80% of the population possessing some uncanny ability. Our streets looked like scenes from comic books. As cities swirled with chaos and confusion, a new profession dominated our collective consciousness. It was an age of heroes. With the rise of superpowers came an explosive increase in criminal activity. While governments were stuck trying to figure out how to reform laws with Quirks in mind, courageous people started performing heroic acts to keep our cities safe—protecting us against villains who abuse their powers for evil. With overwhelming public support, heroes found an official place as peacekeepers, overseen by the government. Those who performed the best were paid the most and got all the fame and glory. Their careers depended on their abilities to stay in the spotlight. My name is Midoriya Izuku, and this is my story on how I became the world's greatest hero.

My story began on July 15, 2000. I was born a twin with my sister Midoriya Miyako being younger than me by seven minutes. Our mother, Midoriya Inko, raised us as a single mother. We never knew our father. We don't even have as much as a photo of him. Even so, our mom did her absolute best, making sure we grew up with everything we wanted, and she made sure always to give us the love we needed.

I didn't know it then, but eventually, the truth came back to me, and I remembered everything that happened. The first thing I remembered was when we were four. That is when I got my first scar.

—————————————————————— 10 Years Ago ————————————————————

I was in the yard with Miyako playing with an All Might action figure I got for our fourth birthday, running around with it when she yelled for me to come up to her.

"IZU! IZU! MY QUIRK, I HAVE A QUIRK!" she yelled, shaking me vigorously.

"AaAaAaaAHhHH! Th-that is amazing, Miyako! Le-lemme see, please!" I said, holding my head now dizzy.

"I have to focus a little bit," She said, so I backed up a few steps.

"I can't wait until I get my quirk! I bet it will be awesome, just like All Might's Quirk!" I said, throwing my fist in the air proudly.

I stood there watching her concentrate on her hand intensely but, nothing was happening, "Are you going to show me or not, Miyako?" I asked, sighing with impatience.

"I am trying! Let me focus, dummy!" She looked at me, annoyed, and pushed me lightly by my right arm.

That... is when it happened, her Quirk activated.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!" I screamed, now bawling my eyes out.

I heard Miyako yell something, but I couldn't make it out through my crying.

The next thing I knew, our mom came running to us. She looked at my arm, panicking. My vision was blurry from tears, but I couldn't see Miyako anymore.

I was carried inside, and I felt a cold bag press against my arm. I calmed down as the ice numbed the burn mark.

"Izu, sweetie, are you okay?!" Our mom asked, now bawling her eyes out.

Faced with my own tears, I nodded to her and looked around, looking for my sister, "Momma, Where did Miyako go?"

"I'm not sure, sweetie. I will look for her. Be good and hold this bag of ice on your arm for me." She said, kissing my head.