Secrets and Second Encounters

Suddenly, the door started to open from the outside. I started to panic and moved away.

"Hey what's wrong?" Midoriya asked.
"Someone's at the door..." I answered timidly.
"Don't worry. I promise to protect you. Just stay there and-"

Just when he was about to activate his quirk, Mirio swing the door open and entered inside the room.

"Hey Midoriya. I was looking everywhere for you and-"

He stopped midsentence and looked at both me and Midoriya.

'This is bad!' I thought to myself, 'I know I'd allow Midoriya to see me like this, but not Mirio! Not my best friend!'

"Oh, you're awake, little one." Mirio responds with a smile, "well, I'm glad you're okay. How are you feeling?"
"Um... a bit better."
"That's good to hear. Now, do you remember what happened to your arms and legs?"

I looked down and couldn't say a word. I knew where it came from, but if I told Mirio, what would be think?

"I just tripped and fell." I lied.
"I see. With the amount of blood you've lost, you really must be clumsy to trip and fall from the ground like that."
"Yes sir..."
"Now, don't call me sir. Just Lemillion. It is my pro hero name after all."
"Okay. Lemillion."
"Now, if you excuse us, I need to speak with Midoriya alone please."
"O-okay."
"Midoriya, a word."

Mirio grabbed Midoriya's hand as they left the room for a moment.

*** Mirio's POV ***

We walked out of the child's room and into an empty room to talk with Midoriya about her.

"What did you want to talk about? Did you find Y/N?" Midoriya asked.
"I thought I did, but I need to clarify with you about something." I answered. "Midoriya: is that child in there Y/N?"

He froze very still when I asked him that question. Based on his response, I knew very well. She's alive. But why was she trying to hide that from me? Was she that scared that I would hate her form?

"Yes. It is her." Midoriya answered. "Though I can't explain why she's a child, but we need to help her recover in any way that we can."

I examined Midoriya to see if he's telling the truth: clenched fists, an expression I've barely seen, and the tone of his voice. From the looks of it, he seem to be telling the truth.

"I understand. Then I'll help in any way that I can."

Midoriya smiled with such relief as I analyzed the situation carefully about her and her condition.

She's alive!
That's a huge relief!
But where did she go all this time?

"Oh, before we figure out how we should help her, we should let Sir know about this immediately. That she's doing okay at least right?"
"Um... Mirio-"

Suddenly, I heard a small shattering of glass from the other room. Without thinking, I turn towards her room as fast as I could, just to see if she's okay.

"Something's wrong." I told Midoriya, "Were those glass shattering?"
"Glass?" Midoriya asked. "Oh no."

Midoriya ran towards her room as fast as I could, quickly opening the door.

"Mirio, she's gone!"
"Wait. What?"

I ran towards him to see her room. Sure enough, there were shards of glass window scattered all over the floor, one curtain was blown by the side of the window from the wind, and a blanket missing from the bed.