Secrets Revealed

Mirio had just finished looking at the third location, but still no reveal. He couldn't help but wonder about you and hoping you weren't hurt.

"Where could she be?" he thought to himself.

     Ever since he started to intern at Sir Nighteye's agency, he and I had become instant friends. No matter what I did to make him smile, I always told him everything, minus the secrets Sir Nighteye never allowed me to reveal. From what I had told Mirio, Sir Nighteye never allowed me to go in public unless it was for an important assignments, but even that was pushing it. He then had to think about the things I had told him and what places I would enjoy if I had the chance.

"She always wanted to go to the park to see the animals, go to the carnival in the town square for some candy, and also to the river just to play in the water. Then that must mean, she's-"

     It suddenly hit him. The only other place I mentioned where I wanted to go.

*****

"We're here!" I replied with a smile.

     Everywhere I looked, people were smiling and enjoying each other's company. The stores light up the area like the stars from the night sky. It made me so happy that my face couldn't hide the smile.

"Why a mall?" Kai asked. "Out of all the places you would prefer to be in."
"Well," I sadly respond, "I never been in a mall before."
"You're joking."
"No, it's true."

I sighed as I continued.

"My father would never let me go anywhere. Even as an adult, he was always very strict on things."
"So that's why you lied about returning?"

"I'm sorry. If I told you my true reason, then you would've shooed me away or worse. Besides, I did get to know you a little bit along the way. Shouldn't that matter?"

He didn't respond.

"Plus... I wanted to treat you as a way of saying thank you."
"For what?"
"For making my day special. No one's ever done that for me."
"Don't mention it."

     It became awkward as both of us as we walked through the entrance of the mall. Some glared at Kai while as others came towards me in happiness.

"Wow, it's the Winged Hero H/N! This is a rare occasion to see you in public like this!" one person replied.
"And who's this dude? Some kind of sidekick from your agency?"

"No, no." I replied, "he's not my sidekick, he's-"
"Your boyfriend! Oh well, we don't want to bother you on your date!"
"Wait. That's not-"
"You take care of her, sir."

     He glared at the people as they walked away from us.

"I'm so sorry this had to happen."

"As long as there are no more people like this, I should be fine."

     And just like that, an idea popped into my head. In order to keep people from coming towards us, I need to do something I barely show anyone,  apart from Mirio.

"Could you wait here for just a second?"
"Why?"
"Because it's a surprise, silly. It's the one secret you should know about me."
"Apart from you being a hero?"
"Well, besides that one."

     He simply sighed as I tried to give him a heartfelt plea.

"Fine. Whatever."
"Ok. Stay right there. I'll be back in a bit."

     He started to look at you as you started to walk away.

"No peeking!"

     With a roll from his eyes, I was gone, disappeared from the crowd and away from the public's eye. No one was allowed to see what surprise I was going to share. A few minutes passed as Kai sat down near the fountain, waiting for me to return.

"What is taking her so long?" he asked himself. "If she's not back, then I have to go. There's someplace I need to be right now."
"Sorry for the wait." I apologized from behind. "You can turn around now."

     He then turned around to see this secret of mine. However, as Kai saw me, my entire hero appearance was gone. Instead, there was a simple brunette girl with eyes the color of cherry blossoms. He couldn't say a word and stared at my human form.

"What?" I asked. "Is this form too hideous? I completely understand if it's bad, but-"
"I thought I had no right to say bad things?"
"Well yeah, but..."
"If I can't say bad things about myself, then shouldn't you do the same?"

     A tear started to roll from my eye after he made that comment. He did have a good point. I shouldn't be hypocritical with the terms I gave to Kai if I push myself down on negativity. With a chuckle or two, I wiped my tear away, bringing myself back up in spirits.

"I guess you're right. Thank you."

     Without thinking, I hugged him again, but it was longer than before. He couldn't think of why I hugged him, but it felt different: different than before. The first hug I gave him was for comforting him in regards of his negativity. This second hug, however, was new. It was one we both never felt before. With such hesitation, he moved his arms, placed his hands around my back and held on for a moment or two without activating his quirk.

"You're... your welcome."

     The hug lasted for a minute or two as we both released each other entirely.

"Now, shall we get going, Kai?" I asked him with a bashful smile.

     He glanced at me and gave a confirm nod.

"Sure. Let's go."

     With such joy all around me, I ran forward towards several stores as I led Kai with my hand. His glove held on to mine so much if loose, it would break us apart, but if tight, he would've activated his quirk. The night which started to light up not only brighten the streets and the stores, but also in the hearts of both mine and Kai.

What the hell is wrong with you? Kai thought to himself. You are a villain, damnit. Not a hero. I'm meant to cleanse the world of heroes with all this filth they latch upon all of us. Destroy this society and make sure quirks never exist. Kill them and never look back, but still...

     He looked up towards me as I was testing some treats they had for free. With a chuckling smile appearing inside his doctor's mask, it was something he never thought he would feel again. Hope.

When I'm with her...
A pro hero who is meant to be my enemy.
I feel like...

"Hey Kai! Are you coming?"
"Yes, I'm coming."

The world suddenly feels...
Pure.
What is this feeling?

     Unaware of this new experience, he vows himself to ensure that this pure moment will never diminish again.  Not while he's there to save me. However, as both of us enjoyed our time together, something else was forming on both ends of the spectrum.