Chapter 6 - The Car Ride

No TW FINALLY
ARE YOU PROUD OF ME MOM? ARE YOU PROUD?

Y/N PoV

I was stuck in the back of the car with Tommy and Tubbo. Niki and Wilbur were up front and Jack and Ranboo were in the row behind, since Wilbur's car sat 8 people. We were meeting up with almost the whole SMP in one place, as wilbur described it, the more excited I got. It was a large building with a huge living room and kitchen that separated off into 25 miniature houses that each held 2 , 3 or 4 people. It also had a massive pool out back. I was massively looking forward to it. We'd been talking about the house for about an hour before I got bored of hearing it. "Wilbur shut the fuck up, if I hear too much I won't be as excited when I see it." I said stressfully, but not meaning it. Wilbur nodded laughing, I started scrolling through Pinterest with my airpods in. I mainly just listened to Derivakat, Dream or my brother. I picked In My Head by Derivakat out of boredom a/n great song def recommended!

Hide my memories away
(You're the one who obeyed, you're the one who betrayed)
Hide my fears behind a smile
(Nothing's real anymore, am I real? Am I–)
Keep your distance
The voices inside me, they all terrify me
Keep your distance
They say I'm a traitor but I can't remember
It's all in my head now
But it's all just the same
It's all in my head now
I think I might go insane
Tell myself I will be fine
(This was all my design, you will always be mine)
Find myself back here again
(You were never my friend, you were never my–)
Keep your distance
I'm trying to fight it, I'm trying to hide it
Keep your distance
But I keep on hurting and you keep returning
It's all in my head now
But it's all just the same
It's all in my head now
I think I might go insane

The song ended as Tommy and Niki switched seats because apparently Tubbo was 'being a dick' I was lucky I had the window seat for once, but Niki made me move because she refused to sit in the middle. You took out your headphones and decided to make small talk.
"Are you guys excited?!"
"YESS! Will we get to see bees?!" Tubbo asked excitedly.
"Quite possibly Tubbo." Jack chimed in , not looking up from his phone. I decided to take a photo of the middle row while it was child-free.

Twitter.com

@y/nispog
*1 attatchment*
Caption : 👀 @nihachu @TubboLive

|
@Nihachu
I look hot
*1 reply*
|
@y/nispog
god i know don't test me

@TubboLive
GUYS WE'RE GONNA SEE BEES :D

I put my phone away and put my head on Niki's shoulder before continuing the conversation. "Jack get the fuck off my twitter." You jokingly glared at him in the car mirror. He laughed and turned his phone off. Tubbo looked at you "Y/n, are we actually gonna see bees?"
"Probably Tubbo, Probably." I heard Jack laugh before he looked at me in the mirror and said "Hey y/n are you and Niki dating?" I turned a dark red and got off her shoulder , fumbling with my hands. Talk about confidence when you need it. You turned to look at Jack and deadpanned saying "No, but I fucking wish this bitch is golden" I said, giggling and staring at her. Jack looked at me wide-eyed, clearly not expecting my answer. Niki however was a deep red, Wilbur was laughing his ass off at his sisters newfound confidence and I put my head back on her shoulder and she wrapped an arm around me. We talked about whatever came to mind before I felt myself slowly falling asleep.

Niki PoV

I felt the weight on my arm get heavier and I looked down to see y/n asleep on my shoulder, I flushed pink and continued quietly talking to Ranboo and Tubbo. Jack was quietly on the phone to Dream, discussing what we were going to do when we get there, and Wilbur was doing fuck all with the radio up front. The quieter the car got the more tired I became. I put my head on top of y/n's and continued the conversation, fading in and out of sleep I couldn't really string a sentence together anymore. I heard the other two laugh before I fell asleep.

Ranboo's PoV

"Uh..Niki?"
"Mm.."
"You didn't really answer me, not that you had to of course, but are you excited?!" Happiness laced my tone.
"Uh..may- I- ye- ma-" She wasn't making any sense by this point. Tubbo and I were pissing ourselves laughing, Wilbur and Jack joined in considering this was pretty funny.
"Are you guys?" That made sense, we both replied yes and I asked her how her day was, noticing Tubbo was recording.
"Pr-um you- mm- knoww...." and with that she fell silent. We suppressed our laughs as we rewatched the video. Sending it to y/n I expected her to post it on Twitter later when she woke up. I managed to get a quick picture of them cuddling before switching my phone off and falling asleep myself. a/n there are no windows in the back of the car apart from the long one at the very back, so Ranboo can sleep without dying from concussion..

*time skip to a couple hours later*

Y/N PoV

I woke up to a weight round my waist, I looked onto my shoulder to see Niki sleeping peacefully. I kissed the top of her head lightly, earning an 'aww' noise from Tubbo and Jack. Opening my phone I had a missed video and picture from..Ranboo? I opened the video and audibly aww'd. "You simping?" Tubbo joked. "Actually,maybe. It's really cute." I didn't realise how much bolder I was and I didn't like it very much. Tubbo laughed in response. "Wilbur how much longer?" "About 7-8 hours y/n" "oh my god" I opened tiktok and scrolled around liking a few edits or fanart of myself and friends before realising I didn't sleep that well and I was still extremely tired. I cuddled down back into Niki and fell asleep.

___*5 hours later*___

I woke up shaking , I had a really shitty dream again. I guess Niki could tell as she was awake and hugging me tighter than before. I looked up at her and she whispered "Are you okay?" I smiled softly, "I am now" I replied truthfully. Any moment with Niki I instantly felt better. I was getting insanely bored in the car so I stole the aux cord from wilbur and played songs that were actually good, and sung/yelled the lyrics with Everyone.

People change like the tides in the ocean
At least I think or am I dead wrong?
Foot on the brake at the light I don't notice
I sit and wait until the next song
Twenty hours in an old van
Up the east coast through the cold wind
Drove twenty hours by the ocean
Up the east coast, what a road trip
Now that interstate is paved with memories
Of a past life I lived when I was eighteen
And every winter I think back to what we used to be
In that past life we lived at eighteen
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Uh, I reminisce about a past life
Things change, I get it 'cause nothing lasts, right?
Yeah, and I was thinkin' 'bout her last night
Scrolling through our memories, debatin' 'bout our last times
Ayy, for a minute we was cool
Then we flew just a little too close to the sun
Now we finished, now we through
Guess we knew one day we would have to grow up
Twenty hours in an old Ford
Across the Midwest thinking "What for?"
Drove twenty hours, but it's hopeless
Across the Midwest, what a road trip
Now that interstate is paved with memories
Of a past life I lived when I was eighteen
And every winter I think back to what we used to be
In that past life we lived at eighteen

The song slowly came to an end and Niki and Tommy swapped seats again. Me and Tommy scrolled through twitter and pinterest, I also showed him the Niki video and he laughed his head off.

"Guys, we're here."

Great, here comes the anxiety

___________________________________
1434 words
Sorry the end was so rushed I'm really tired rn and I want to get a chapter out before I went to bed!
Love you all <3

~Bee