2 | 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

COLD WATER IS THE MOST efficient thief of heat I know

efficient thief of heat I know. It takes what it does not need. The river at my feet will be just as icy when I have crosses as before, yet my blood will be almost frozen in my veins. Before even a boot is submerged, my skin is rough with goosebumps, pointless as they are. The water surges around my skin, rising up my leg on one side, making tiny eddies on the other. The weight of the water is almost enough to topple me, the current enough to take me far down stream. What worries me more is that at this low temperature my muscles will simply give up. Crossing in such cold water is a compromise: fast enough not become hypothermic and steady enough not to fall.

You closed your eyes before curling yourself into a ball. Here you were, at the same place you called home. The same place you wished to never come back from. Placing both of your hands on each side of your face, you successfully covered your ears as their muffled argument echoed on the small house. Tears threatened their way out of your E/c eyes. You vividly remember that about this time was when your parents started having a lot of problems, and that lead them to devorce.

Tears streams out of your eyes, as a faint sob was muffled by your pillows. After a while, I heard the door close before faintly making out two cars leaving the garage. It was a bright Saturday morning, yet you've been interrupted by your parents usual bickering. Deciding not to go back to sleep, you made your way out of the house to the nearby park.

....

Smiling at the warm sun that grazed her porcelain skin, Y/n didn't knew that a simple walk in a park would relieve all of her stress. "oi! What are you doing? Give that back!" her ears perked up at the sight of a boy that looked like he'd bouta hit someone. 'wait. Isn't that Shinichiro's brother? Mikey was it?' her eyes automatically widened when one of the other boys infront of him was about to hit him right in his face.

" hitting someone who's younger than you doesn't sound so manly right? I should have known better than to hit a girl." both Emma and Mikey glanced at the voice that made the good for nothing middle school student to step back and scurry away from them. "are you alright? He didn't hit you right?" kneeling at the grassy field, she examined them both looking for some sort of injuries from their unfortunate encounter, But she didn't noticed the administration that was inside their gaze.

"Onee-chan is so pretty!" Y/n momentarily stopped at her actions before turning towards Emma who's looking up at her with her cheeks blushing cutely. "oh, thank you! You're pretty too! What are you doing here?" Emma fiddled with her fingers, feeling a bit shy because of how pretty the girl standing right infront of them is. "were waiting for our big brother!" Mikey beamed making Y/n giggle on how cute he was. "is that so? Where is he now?" she noticed how the two sweat dropped before nudging each other knowingly.

"he's probably awkwardly flirting with girls right now." Y/n sweat dropped at the siblibgs exposing their older brother. "he's been rejected 40 times already, at this point I'm not surprised if he's gonna stay single until he die." Emma crossed her arms before nodding in agreement.

A small giggle left her lips, as much as she wanna say that she's the only girl who'd fallen in love with his lame confessions." is that so? But you two both looks so cute, I guess he's not lacking. " Mikey hummed in agreement feeling more comfortable around her soothing presence. Placing his hands under his chin, Mikey put on a thinking face, "well he's so-so I guess." he shrugged smugly before Y/n ruffled his blonde locks.

She smiled down at their smaller figure "would you like to get ice cream with me?" she pointed at the nearby ice cream truck before earning an eager giggle from them both.

....

"wow! Really? I didn't know you go to the same school with Shinichiro!" Emma shouted in astonishment while Mikey gladly devoured the icy treat the pretty nee-san have given them. "well, I rarely see him tho. I don't even know if he's aware of my experience." Y/n bent over before wiping Mikey's messy face. "well, he's too much of a coward anyways. He probably have no courage to talk towards a pretty girl like nee-san." Y/n subtly looked away, embarrassed because she wasn't used to that kind of compliments. After all, she was a brilliant woman but when Shinichiro passed away she completely shut herself out of others admiring eyes.

She exhaled a happy breath before feeling her heart throb in pure happiness. "thank you for the compliment. Tho I might have been a little more coward than your brother" a small chuckle left her lips before Mikey looked up at her soft features.

The greens of the grass rose to so many high notes of colour as any good classical piece will do. The grass is a sea with white-dew-foam upon crests that rise so freely toward the sunlight. She is every green from gold-infused to deepest summer foliage. Perhaps in a few weeks, when the sun is warmer once more and the tops are neatly trimmed, she will be as a quiet as harbour waters, flat and calm, but for now she is joyous waves, natural and wild. "I'll be your husband when I grow up"

Silence ingulfed the small bench, with Mikey smiling brightly and the other two looking at him with widened eyes. "w-what made you think you're good enough for nee-san?" Emma defended pointing at her brother acusingly while Y/n was still frozen on her spot, not knowing what to say about a kid's proposal. "well I just need to grow up strong right? That's all the girls want. A man who can protect them." Emma sent his smug brother with a glare. "e-eh..... If it's Mikey-kun then you will be able to be strong." Emma gazed at the older girl with eyes filled with awe.

Mikey let out a humorous laugh before the two hugged her on each side. "nee-san is so cool! I wanna be like you when I grow up!" Emma beamed as Y/n ruffled both of their blonde locks. A motorcycle horn beep through the park in which made the two perk up. "that's Shinichiro!"

Y/n's eyes widened as her heart raced, "w-well, I guess that's my cue! Gotta go now kids!" she ran out of the scene fast. "what just happened?" both Sano blinked as her small figure disappeared in an instant. Meanwhile, Shinichiro jogged towards the younger Sano with an apologetic frown. "sorry you two! I was in a meeting with the gang." Mikey shrugged while Emma still wondered if they'd meet her again.

Shinichiro peeked at Emma who was looking at somewhere else. "Emma? Do you want an ice cream?" the latter grew an irk mark before hitting her scumbag of a brother right on the face. "I don't want it! onee-san already gave us each one." the ravennette raised a brow while Mikey only whistled with her arms behind the nape of his neck. "onee-san? Did you two just talk to a stranger?" Shinichiro asked with a worried look.

What if he didn't got there in time? What if the ice cream was laced?
They could have been kidnapped ffs! "nee-san won't do that." Emma defended trying to hit him again. "how would you know that!?" Shinichiro rubbed his swollen cheeks. "well, while your dumb ass was away, a pretty lady kept us company." he just sighed in defeat before pulling his siblings with him.

Who the hell was this nee-san?