[-Chapter two-]

"The smallest flower is a thought, a life answering to some feature of the Great Whole, of whom they have a persistent intuition"

-Honore De Balzac

-

Everyone had shifted back into their human form, they sat huddled, talking about the bizarre encounter. All the wolves except Eric and Luca who sat near the tree in which the girl kept hidden, sobbing silently to herself.

They tried to calm her down, telling her she wouldn't be harmed, but when she saw a bunch of expectant, large, men standing around she shrieked and buried her face into her knees. The unrelenting cries pained the Alpha and everyone else who was nearby, nobody here enjoyed the cries of a child, especially one so scared.

"She's so young, yet so scarred," Eric said, shaking his head, a frown etched onto his face. His fist clenched and his jaw snapped shut, "I swear if those beasts touched her, Harmed her at all-" He growled, everyone looked up at the Alpha and stared at him with large eyes, unsure of what the man would do next.

"I know it's frustrating Alpha, but I'd think it'd be best if we didn't show signs of being angry," Luca said motioning towards the girl, his voice calm and smooth, "I don't know if she can understand us, emotion is a universal language y'know." he shrugged and played with a rock in his palm.

The Alpha immediately calmed down, thankful for his level-headed Beta, "You're right, this is a topic for later." He said, "Right now we need to focus on figuring out how to get this child to safety before night-fall"

"If I may-" The Alpha and Beta's heads snapped to the kid who talked, he was scrawny and thin, with strangely brown hair and big doe eyes. The Beta wondered who let him come on a seemingly suicide mission. "You may," Eric said.

"She seemed really content, if anything happy, when we were in our wolf forms" The boy shrugged, It was as if the Alphas mental wolf ears perked at the realization and he let out a joyous laugh.

"You are wonderful, boy!" He said clasping the kid on his shoulder, if were possible the boy paled and blushed at the same time, his eyes wide with excitement that he was able to help his Alpha, but scared from the Alphas meaty hand inches from his face. That hand could rip his head off if it so pleased.

"Everyone, wolf forms now!" Luca barked. In just a couple moments a pack of furry "puppies" as the young girl described them, replaced the group of muscle-y warriors that were there just moments before. Not suspicious at all.

The Alpha bent his head down to the hole, sticking his muzzle in and licking the girl's arm. Her sniffling stopped, and for a moment no one moved, no one blinked or breathed. She poked her head out of the hole and her eyes grew wide with excitement when she saw the group of fuzzy wolves.

"Pup-pays!" she said happily, wriggling her way out from the hole. The Alpha tensed at the tear and blood-stained face of the girl, his worry obviously gnawing at him. He had a boy around the same age as her, and thinking of him as beat up as her made his heart ache with fear.

The girl came in for a hug, and quickly, with ease the alpha managed to flip her onto his back. She squealed with laughter, her small doll-like hands gripping onto his fur.

"Let's get home now." The alpha commanded, and slowly everyone filtered through the trees, towards the way of their pack. The Beta eyed the Alpha carefully, Luca could tell that even though The Alpha only knew the small, frail girl for such a small amount of time, that she would immediately be revered as family in the eyes of the pack.