𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖎𝖌𝖍 𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖑 || 01.

"Do you see him? I don't see him." Monse asks tilting her head up over the wall to get a better view.

Quinnley does the same while standing to Monse's right, except her eyes found something that made her heart skip a beat. "No. But do you know what I do see? Hot Cheetos and weed."

Monse scoffs at Quinn with an all too common eye-roll. "Something bad is happening. I can feel it" Jamal exclaims.

"Jamal baby, the only bad thing happening is my empty stomach and me not being as high as a kite." Quinn says absentmindedly as she starts to climb over the wall into the graduation party, for the class graduating Freeridge High School this year.

"Girl-get yo' ass back down, and stop trying to act hard. Like you've even smoked before." Monse grumbles, pulling her back down by the back of her shirt. Quinn's stomach growls and her face slightly pouts.

"No need to be so harsh, I'm sure Quinnley has before. You don't know." Jamal defends, as he (sorta awkwardly) swings his arm around Quinn's shoulders. He meant to look cocky, but his movements were so stiff, Quinn mentally snorted. He's too cute sometimes.

"Whipped." Ruby mumbles.

"I know, I didn't hear the boy with a hard ass cum sock in his room, say something ." Quinn retorted, much to Ruby's shock and to Monse's and Jamal's disgust.

"Quinn, I thought you said you wouldn't tell anyone you found that!" Ruby whisper-yelled.

"I'm so sorry, Ruby! You know I'm a blabber mouth. I have no filter!" Quinn also whisper-yelled back apologetically, covering her mouth.

There was a long pause of awkward silence...

"I'm moving on from this right now, before I vomit back up my Eggo waffles. The ones I had on the way here." They all shot Jamal grateful glances for changing the subject, well Monse's was more of a hard glare. "Anyways, I knew this was a dumb idea."

"Pop a zannie, J. We can't see him 'cause he's being stealth." Ruby explains.

Monse agrees, "No doubt. He's got this. When has Cesar ever disappointed?"

"Fourth grade, Kickball tourney." Quinn says.

"We lost." Jamal added.

"Only 'cause I picked the kids with no skills." a familiar voice was heard from behind the four, they turned around to a victorious sight. Cesar, with his arms full of beer cans. "And I'd pick you again."

Cesar tosses Jamal a can, he fumbles with it a little. But he manages to not drop it, Quinn was proud. "Loyalty trumps victory, compa." Cesar finishes, making Quinn smile a little.

He turns to Quinn and quirks his eyebrow up, a lazy smirk across his face. She grins widely, slowly stepping towards him as her hand sneaks towards the other beer can. "Ah ah ah! You, Miss Princesa Quinnley didn't believe in me. I don't think you deserve a beer." He teases and rises the can above Quinn's head, making her eyebrows furrow and cheeks flush.

"H-Hey, don't call me Quinnley!" Quinn huffs attempting to reach the can by jumping. Caesar wasn't that tall, but Quinn (the poor thing) was blessed with short legs. "...only jamal can call me that-" She mumbles inaudible.

Cesar, the kind soul that he is, thinks Quinn suffered enough and gives her the beer. Not before bonking it lightly on her head first. She greedily snatches the drink like a gremlin, making Cesar chuckle. He gets back in line with the other behind the wall and Quinn has her alcohol.

Everyone's happy.

"Take it in." Cesar says. The five friends glance over at the party: there's drinking, there's music, laughter. It made Quinn smile wide, sure she was in crappy middle school now. But this. This is what was in store for her after the summer. "This is about to be us. This is high school."