1st round

It was the first day of the fight. Sakura wrapped her knives around her thigh, and clasped her boots.
She stood in her forest, letting its peace wash over her. Whatever happened in the arena, she was ready for. Hopefully.
This time in town, she took to the roofs, leaping from one to the next. At the area she landed next to a guard.
"what the-"
She looked below, to the dirt and tufts of grass on the area floor, and to the people. She searched for him, was he even here yet? There. Next to him was Hinata, and next to her was naruto. he was..? Smiling at Hinata? And her laughing, Naruto too. No. She didn't have time to guess his actions. Didn't want to see him and yet at the same time study everything he did.
Stop you idiot. You are here to pound him into the dust.
She smiled. feelings were hard, but just give me a target and I'll crush them.
"Now," she whispered to herself. "Let's give the crowd an entrance to talk about." After all, this was the first time she had fought in a while. Wouldn't help to remind people that she was a first grade medic and a powerful goddess.
She stepped off the roof, landing with just enough force to crack the ground.
"The fighters to the arena please, Sakura has accepted the challenge. The first fight will begin soon." The announcer's voice echoed, cutting through the noise of the crowd.
Sakura looked out from her bangs at Sauske. When she had dropped he hadn't even looked at her, not even now had he even shown that he knew of her presence. Now he was shaking hands with naruto and...getting a hug from Hinata?
"No, no, don't think, sakura, don't think about that. Just beat him up." She hissed to herself.
Sauske jumped from the stands, and landed. Still not looking at her.
"The fight will now..start!"
Now he looked at her.
And she at him.
His eyes...they were hard. Held no emotion. Just...
IDIOT! He does eye initiated illusions! You played right into him!
The world disappeared around her. He was right in front of her, and she tried to reach him to break and crack the earth beneath him but she was held back by chains and bands of metal that held her arms, held her legs, held her head.
But left her chest open.
For what?
Lightning crackled in his palm.
What..was he?
He raised his arm and plunged into her chest.
Past bone and flesh.
She gasped, letting out a tiny scream, and choked, already knitting her own flesh back together as he piled his bloody hand out.
It's an illusion.
Gasping for breath as soon as her lungs were repaired, she looked up at him again.
His eyes were cold. No emotion. No remorse.

Anger
At being left behind.
At being treated as if she was nothing, all these years.
At how he didn't seem to care.

She broke the chains. Green light dancing around her chest, the diamond on her forehead growing, snaking down her face.
She was fucking done.
She charged, but this was still his illusion. And hand reaching through her chest from behind, the blow to her head that made her loose consciousness reminded her.
She could only do in the illusion what he let her.
But.
Why did he let me break the chains?

She woke up in the dirt of the arena. Pushing herself up she saw a crater stemming out from her.
Oops
Sauske was walking away from her, towards Naruto and Hinata.
"And the first round goes to Sauske!" The announcer blared.

She had lost.

"I guess it's time to pay her a visit then." Sakura said to herself and smiled.
She'd have to buy a lot of sake.
Then she saw hinata, and sauske. Talking. He was talking animatedly to her, she couldn't see his face but hinata looked worried.
She felt the tears ready to leak. Saw Ino running over, worried. Saw the people looking at her with pity.
So she ran, back up onto the roofs, back to her forest.
Away from him.

Why was he so cold? Had everything been an act? Was she really nothing to him?
Had she ever been anything to him?

Maybe not. But that didn't matter. She...she loved him still. He didn't love her. Didn't care for her.
But why is he fighting you then? A voice in the back of her head asked, why would he if he doesn't care about you at all?
No, sakura, the important thing is that he is. And that you have a chance. To find out things for good. To try and get over him.

One round down.
Two to go.