i. prankster in bleecker st.

- - -

It was a grey day in New York. The previous night the city had been met with rain, lightning and thunder, and now in the evening of the next day, the only evidence remaining of the sky's tantrum, were the dark clouds that tainted the 4pm sky and the melancholic smell of wet weather.

For some reason, somewhere in Manhattan, someone got motivated by these atmospheric conditions to harvest chaos.

"This" the woman points to the ground as she speaks "this is exactly what you've all been preparing for since the moment you set foot on the place you now call home" she states, with only determination in her eyes as she looks at the group of young adults gathered in a circle around her "for this, my students, is the chance of a lifetime, to make me proud and prove that you have what it takes!"

The woman led the group down the long hall until they halted in front of a big door

"Behind this old oak door lies, probably, the most daring challenge you have and will ever encounter" she pauses, dramatic as her grey eyes. "No slip ups will be accepted, go!" She opens the door and hurries everyone inside.

They move swiftly and as if they really had prepared for this their whole lives, it was done with such synchronisation, it almost made the woman standing by the door tear up at the harmony in which her students proceeded. One false move and the operation would fall apart, she worked too hard for that to happen.

- - -

Success.

The group of mentees and the woman, regrouped once again in the training grounds, everyone reveling in their triumphant scheme.

Okay, maybe they jinxed it.

"CORALINA FRANCIS" came from the entrance of the outdoor training base, the deep voice everyone knew all too well

The voice of absolute control on those grounds, and the voice that only spoke a threat to the group who was a mere second ago congratulating each other.

But that particular scolding yell was specially directed towards the woman behind the whole fiasco, the one in the most trouble out of the group of young students.

"Oh shit" she muttered to herself at the sight of the fluttering cloak, "okay people, off you go, practice those orange circles" she whispers a command to the group, then rapidly walks towards the angry man at the door.

"Did you like the class's present?" She asks once she reaches the man as she gives him a wide smile full of fake innocence

"Yes, i thoroughly enjoyed coming back from a meeting with the most obnoxious man i've ever known, just to find my office covered in fluorescent green post-it notes, hilarious, really, professor" the man looked really exhausted, and the little prank seemed to only test his patience on that day; then again, that's normally the only reaction Cora ever got when messing with the sorcerer, and she didn't really care.

"Did you catch the spell that forces you to take the notes by hand one-by-one without aid of any sort of magic whatsoever?" she asked him with amusement in her eyes and voice, ignoring completely the glare of the man towering her.

The doctor kept glaring at her for a good minute, until he gave up and rolled his eyes before asking the question he always asked when he found himself in these godawful familiar situations "Why do I even put up with you?"

"Because i'm a hoot" she says very seriously, her hand then is briefly surrounded by a lilac gleam that reveals a tray and hands it to him

"Also who else would bake you cinnamon rolls after strenuous meetings with Stark?" she smiles playfully as Strange's eyes widen and his frown is replaced by childish excitement.