Chapter 4: 13th August 1984

"Mridula wake up!"

"Dad please let me sleep!", said the 11 old myself. Today was 13th August after all....

"Its already 9! Wake up!"

Sighing I got up.

"You are getting older only by years, not by maturity.", said his father sternly. "Come downstairs, we need to discuss which wizarding school you are going to attend."

"Dad I want to attend Hogwarts. Even Priyal will be in Hogwarts.", I said.

"Isn't she a muggle?, asked my father surprised.

"No she is a witch. I discovered it the day before she left for London.", I said happily.

"Hmm.", was all I had got in return.

I rushed downstairs as I was excited about my future. I wanted to be a magical historian.

"You should still consider about quidditch though.", I heard my father but ignored it. I instead joined the elders. My mother, grandparents and uncles and aunts were all there. Me and Sam were now the only minors in the Sheinazaik Mansion. All of my cousins were married then.

"I think that Mridula should attend the Karmana Wizarding Academy like her sisters. I still don't understand that why should we need to discuss about it.", said my mum.

Hearing this my face flushed with anger. But again, I was not allowed to be angry as good pureblood witches should always be quiet and calm.

"But this is about her future.", said my father.

"But-"Mum was cut by hooting of a barn owl. The owl dropped the letter in my hands and flew away. I was surprised that who had sent me a letter.

"Whose letter is it Mridula?", asked Sam.

"When did you wake up?", I asked him.

"Oh, just 10 minutes ago."

I turned my attention to the letter. It read:

To , Mridula Sheinazaik

The Hall,

Sheinazaik Mansion

Kolkata, India.

The letter was sealed with wax. But what caught her attention was the emblem. It read "Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"OMG!", she exclaimed.

"What happened dear?", asked her grandfather.

"It's a Hogwarts acceptance letter!"

                                Hogwarts School of  Witchcraft and Wizardry

                                         Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore(Order Of Merlin, First Class)

Dear Ms. Sheinazaik,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

The term begins on 1st September. We await your owl by no later than 31st July.(By reading this line her jaw dropped)

Yours sincierly,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress.

Wait...the letter said that the due date was 31st July....but today was 13th August!!

"NO!", I cried.

"What happened dear?"

But I continued crying. "It's not my fault. They sent the letter after 31st July."

Father took the letter and read it. The doorbell rang.

"Sam open the door.", said my aunt.

Sam opened the door. A women with emerald green robes who was wearing a pointed hat came in.

"Excuse me, who are you?", asked Sam.

"Oh. I should introduce myself. Myself Minerva McGonagall, deputy headmistress of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.", said the women.

Guys, I am back. I hope you like the chapter.

Please vote and comment😀