A Rat filled City

Nightmare stared through the window of the car he was seated in, the driver coughing every here and there.

He rolled his eyes at the driver, the old hag was surely new under his control. He'll have to ask one of his bunnies to teach him the rules.

The smokes from factories, cars and cigars finally came into the view of the window, he frowned as the smoke reminded him of memories he surely didn't enjoy at all.

The dirt piled trail the car once rode on slowly changed into a badly taken care of road.

"I'll warn ya sir, this city is hard with monster racism." The driver stared at Nightmare's soul-striking cyan blue eyelights.

"I'll get a note of that. Thank you..." Night stared, requesting a name.

The driver coughed once again, "Allen, sir." The old man answered.

"Thank you for the ride Allen." Nightmare thanked, grabbing his fedora hat and small suitcase before pushing the backdoor, leaving.

He looked around, not much people were here. Good.

He put his raven fedora on, the purple feather decorated in jewels of certain colors  flowing softly in the wind.

Night told Allen to bring his suitcases
when he arrives at the apartment he was staying at.

The old driver nods and drove away, the wheels scattering dirt and dust.

Night sighed and stood tall, he wanted a drink right now but he will probably get killed the second he entered a bar, coming from experience of course.

Walking around the street, everyone that walked past him either stared in disgust, fear or just curiousity. It annoyed him.

He encountered a poor family on a pile of boxes, one box having 'Anything helps' written on it. The children stared at Nightmare in curiousity while the mother gulped in fear.

Nightmare really tried to dress non-scary. Guess it failed.

"I'm only giving this for your children." He spoke briefly, handing over a 300 dollars.

The woman looked around seeing if anyone was looking, she accepted the money as tears formed in the corner of her eyes. "Thank you." She muttered.

Night gave a soft smile, the children giggled in joy as they got money for food.

"Let's hope we meet again." Nightmare told the woman, walking away.

He covered his mouth as the cigarette smoke grew stronger, the smell of strong booze and blood lingering from the alleyways.

"The great New York.. is disgusting." He gave a disgusted look at the inhabitants of the city, low-level mafia lackeys spitting on the poor earth, the obnoxious cries of drunk men being killed, and the fake smiles of women and men walking around.

"Hey freak!" Some three men walked behind Nightmare, he only looked behind and gave his signature look he gave to his kids, enemies, and most importantly. That freakish bird.

The 3rd one shivered, the 2nd only gulped his last bravery. The one that called Nightmare a freak stood confident.

"What's a dirty monster like you doing in our beautiful city?" He gave a smug smile.

"Beautiful? More like rat filled, nothing here is even a fingernail close to pretty." Nightmare spoke, the man only gave an angry look.

"Well sorry Mr. Skeketon freak that we don't have buildings made out of gold and rich monsters n' humans walking around, maybe go to where you came from." The man replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

Nightmare looked interested, did he really think all of the cities that has monsters in it is rich? Foolish.

"I would go home to children holding guns and vodka glasses if I could, but I can't, human." Nightmare spoke, adding the normal stereotypical Russian people description in it.

"Now.." Night got something out of his own pocket. A gun.

The men gulped in fear, some people watching the entire conversation from afar.

"Go scatter to your sewers before I shoot your pretty, moist, delicious brains out." He smiled.

If Horror was here, he'd love to taste these three boys, Night thought.

The three nodded and ran away. Night only put his gun away satisfied.

He then walked his way calmly, acting like nothing happened.