⭐🔍🍇Hanahaki🍇🔍⭐

Word Count: 800

Au: Hanahaki Au

Pairing: Saioumota

Genre: Fluff with angst near the middle

Tw: Blood, Vomiting

Summary: Kaito can't help it if he happens to think Shuichi is smart and pretty. And Kokichi is bold and fun. Kaito can't help the nausea he gets when they ignore him.

-----------------------------------------------

It happened weeks ago. Kaito was having a conversation with Shuichi. Nothing too grand or important. Just them having a nice talk. Their eyes were locked together. The sound of Shuichi's voice was drowned out by Kaito's thoughts. He felt a warm sense of pride. He was proud of the detective. 

Shuichi was a lot more confident than when they first talked. Now he talked clearly. He seemed more relaxed, and his eyes met Kaito's. Hard to believe Shuichi used to be soft spoken. He seemed much more bold. More brilliant. More beautif- 

"Are you alright Kaito?" Right. Kaito flushed. He had been sitting there, daydreaming, while in the middle of a conversation. "Sorry, Shuichi. Didn't mean to lose focus on you like that.. What were you saying?" "Well-" 

The door swung open revealing none other than, everyone's favorite little liar, Kokichi Ouma! (Villain complex included!) 

He was almost definitely there for Shuichi. He practically leapt into his arms. Saihara and Ouma had been dating for almost two months. With how attached Kokichi was to his boyfriend, they spent a lot of time together. Including the time Shuichi used to spend alone with Kaito.

Kaito didn’t mind the supreme leader's presence as much as he would've earlier in their.. "relationship". Maybe it was just him, but Kokichi seemed to tone it down when it came to being a general nuisance. Not by any means perfect, but Kaito couldn't help but appreciate the effort. 

The astronaut watched the two talk back and forth. He could see how genuine they both were. The twinkle in their eyes, the leaning toward each other, the flirting. Kaito had never felt something so strong before. Of course, it started off as a flutter in his chest.. but it didn't go away. His stomach just kept on fluttering and fluttering. His ears rang. His eyes watered. 

(Tw starts here. Stay safe, folks!)

He didn't focus on the feeling until his ability to breathe was weakened. His inhales became soft wheezes. He cleared his throat, hoping it would solve the matter. It didn't. The wheezes became louder, more desperate. At this point, The couple had stopped talking. The astronaut couldn't hear what Shuichi was saying to him, but he sounded worried and scared. 

Kaito was coughing up blood. He choked and heaved, but the pink liquid kept coming up. Flowers began to decorate the horrible display. You couldn't really tell what color they were other than the color of the blood soaking them. The ringing in his ears was now composed of a choir of screams. He clawed at his throat, desperately trying to get one more gasp of air before he collapsed.

-----Time Skip-----

Kaito woke up in his dorm, head spinning. He sat up and looked around. "Who brought me here?" he thought. He inhaled before shouting, "Hello? Is anyone there?" His voice bounced off of the walls before the room went silent again. Then, he heard footsteps approaching fast.

A few moments later, Kokichi rushed in, tackling Kaito. A voice sounded from the doorway. "Kokichi! Careful! He just woke up." It was Shuichi's. The only response that came from Kokichi was quick, jumbled and muffled by Kaito's clothes. 

Kaito ignored the way Kokichi's touch made his stomach twist in knots. Or how the concern in Shuichi's eyes made his skin go warm.

Ouma let go of him, tears in his eyes. Kaito expected Kokichi to start wailing like he usually did when he pretended to cry. But he didn't. Because he was actually crying. 

Kokichi let out a sob, and any sort of wall the two had built between one another shattered. Momota pulled Ouma close, muttering soft apologies as the boy cried. Shuichi figited, not knowing what to do. Kaito's eyes met his. The astronaut smiled, opening his free arm to the detective. 

Tears pricked the corners of Shuichi's eyes before he dove into Kaito's embrace. The three of them held each other and cried until they all tired themselves out. Both boys were now asleep in Momota's arms. Before thinking, he placed a kiss on both their heads. Shuichi hummed appreciatively, and Kokichi mumbled something Kaito didn't recognize at first.

His eyes widened when he realized it was "I love you". He felt his chest heave for a second before what felt like the first breath of fresh air he'd had in a while. He smiled, looking toward his desk. There were flowers on the desk. 

The flowers were blue and purple.