Chapter 8: mermaids and documents

Chapter 8; 
In which the story of our stowaways is told and we continue on our adventure, and it takes an even more surprising turn, As our adventurers save a mermaid.

Tw: derealization, maybe? and some depictions of animal abuse/abuse !! It'll be in bold so if you want, you can skip it <3 stay safe !

After having woken up nearly everyone the adults had rounded up Tommy, Ranboo, and Tubbo and sat them down in the captains sleeping quarters to question them.

"Look, we wanted to come so...." Tommy said his voice trailing off at the evil look Wilbur was giving him.
"Its too late, we cant exactly turn the entire damn boat around... We're already halfway to the city..." Grumbled Techno with his eyes closed.
"Fine... FINE.. We'll just have to bring them with us..." Dream yawned, "We all need sleep, or else tomorrow could go worse than today." 

As the crew members sifted out of the room Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo stayed back.
"Uh, where do we sleep?" Tubbo asked Y/n 
"You sat in the trunk during the first part of the trip, you can sleep in there again." Technoblade hissed as he stomped out of the room with Y/n following close behind.

"Techno, don't you think you were a bit harsh on them?" Y/n muttered, their shoulders bumping as they walked down the hall.
"No... Not really." He grumbled 
"They're teenagers, and we're not much older than them, cut them some slack." Y/n said crossly
Technoblade stayed silent, he had nothing to say.

"Whatever, good night Techno..." Y/n muttered sliding away.

God, what was wrong with him?! He was angry and tired and just wanted someone to talk to or hug....... Or what? What did he want.
Technoblade turned, "Wait, Y/n... Do have the Odyssey?" 
"Yeah.. Here, you wanna read it for awhile?" Y/n asked
"Yes please.."

Y/n blinked the sun just barely seeping through the windows.
The quiet lapping of water hitting the sides of the boat was calming, and she was surprisingly warm snuggled in Techno's cape... But he was gone, the only thing he had left with her was his warm cape.
Y/n grumbled standing up and stretching her arms, despite how comfy techno's cape was did not mean that the couch was something one would sleep on.

Looking out the windows she frowned, it was Land? A dock? Had they arrived?
Now that she thought about it, they had been strangely quiet, no screaming about losing a luggage, or creaking. Had they left without her?
Y/n Panicked and pushed out of her room, but as soon as she stepped out she heard Tommy screeching about food.
Sighing with relief she turned back into her room and snapped her doors shut, to get ready for the oncoming adventure.

The group stood around The captain, Techno, Wilbur, and Dream as the three explained what would happen.
"We need people to stay behind on the boat so we can leave fast, the ride to the castle isn't far, I believe it's eight miles inland. So the ride shouldn't take much longer than half a day if you start soon. The people that will stay behind are Louis, Puffy, Jack, Minx, foolish, and George. That should be enough to hold down the ship.
Now for the people that are coming, we're going to steal some classified royal trial information." Dream explained gesturing towards the map.

"The bags are already packed and the horses are waiting on the docks. Are we ready?" Techno asked standing up.
Everybody responded with a nod or a dull yes.
The selected group stomped off the ship towards the horses and mounted, a loud round of cursing and shrieking went around especially around where Tommy was, since he couldn't mount the horse properly.

When they had finally gotten on the path and where a good ways away from the pier they reached a thick forest that smelled of pine and rosemary.
Y/n dug through her saddle bag as dapples of light slipped through tree branched and broke the shadows on the forest floor.
"Techno, did we bring any extra satchels?" She asked urging her horse up so she was riding directly next to him.
"I believe so, why?" He asked turning to her.
"Oh, I was just wondering where we would keep the documents one we found them, my pack is too full to put anything thing else in.." She shrugged.
The rest of the ride was quiet and peace full but after a couple hours they saw a castle looming over them in the distance.