𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 》10

FOR SOME REASON, IT SEEMED LIKE CALYPSO NEVER COULD CATCH A BREAK.

she sat at a table in a restaurant that her dad told her to get, and he said he'd be there soon. 30 minutes later, he still hadn't shown up.

cal was leaving for england in a week and a half, and her own father couldn't show up to dinner.

she put the numbers into the phone once again, attempting one more time to call him. the phone rung, and rung, and rung until the voicemail beep went off.

she sighed before speaking. "hey dad! you're running a little late, and i promised tom i'd call him tonight, and i need to leave so i can get home early enough. so whenever you get this, just know i ordered you a meal and it'll be in the fridge when you get home. okay, love you dad. hope work isn't too stressful." cal says, finishing off the voicemail and paying the check, before getting up and going out to her car.

humming, calypso turns on some music as she pulls out of the parking lot, trying to fill the silence that comes with being alone.

somehow, even as she's heading home to talk to her bestfriend, even though she'll be in england in less than two weeks surrounded by people who care about her, in the moment, she can't help but feel so alone.

though, that might just be what happens when you're ghosted by your dad at dinner.

she shakes the thought out of her head, focusing on driving. someone has it worse, she thought.

but damn, did it sting anyway.

-

"EVANS! you're finally here, holy shit. i thought you'd never join." tommy yells, making her laugh lightly.

"i was at dinner shitface, leave me alone." she says, flicking her camera on in the discord call so he can see her face.

"oh, you can probably see but phil and will wanted to join, so...they did. do you want me to call you echo? or is real name okay off-stream?" tom asks, hesitantly almost, not wanting to overstep.

cal shakes her head. "it's alright, i'm coming to the uk soon anyway. they'll have to learn it eventually."

"okay cool, cal, i'm sending you a bedwars invite. you can't nick but your account has your real name anyway, so i don't think anyone will recognize us."

"cal? is that short for something?" wilbur cuts in, startling her.

she lightly sets her hand on her chest. "uh- yeah. calypso."

he hums for a second. "cal doesn't sound like calypso. what if i called you lyp?"

she laughs, clicking the join button on tom's invite as it goes through. "that's the worst fucking nickname ive heard in my life. how did you come up with that one?"

"with his mind, all he knows in there is guitar and stupid nicknames!" tom cuts in, and calypso scrunches her eyebrows.

"that's more than you know, dumbass." phil says, making her smile.

cal decided then that she didn't need her dad, or his silly presents when she had friends like them anyway.

it might've been a lie, but she'd do anything to make herself feel better.

[♧▪︎♤]

a/n-

HI! its been forever, im so sorry!
but tysm for what....6k reads? holy shit you guys are crazy. see you probably next month (lmao) with another update :)

tout mon amour,
laine.