𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

-𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦-

-ˋˏ✦❘༻᯽༺❘✦ˎˊ-

"REMIND ME, WHY DO WE HAVE to go to Denver and why do I have to be dragged along?" Cecile was currently cooped up in the back of Damon's, car, not really looking forward to the drive. She was told that Damon and Elena wanted to go to Denver to see if Jeremy had information on the vampire bloodlines.

Walking through the batting cages, Cecile, Damon, and Elena soon spotted Jeremy, swinging and missing the ball terribly. "Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball."

Cecile was somewhat nervous to see Jeremy since they used to have a "fling", but it eventually didn't work out. Once Jeremy was done hugging Elena, his sight caught Cecile, his eyes widening.

"Hey, Cici, it's been a while." Jeremy went up to hug her and she hesitantly hugged back. After the greetings were done, Damon went straight into the subject and asked Jeremy if he knew the information they were looking for.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Cecile slapped Damon's arm from the outburst and he winced slightly, knowing how powerful her slaps could be.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection."

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." As the trio turned around, all of their faces dropped at the sight of Kol, who was holding a wooden baseball bat.

Kol soon hit Damon with the bat, making him go on his knees in pain. Cecile stared at him in shock, definitely not expecting him to be in Denver. Kol looked up from Damon and finally noticed Cecile's presence.

"Well don't you look at that, it seems like we are always together. Maybe it's meant to be." Kol was about to touch her cheek, but Cecile slapped it away and glared at the vampire.

"Don't touch me." She was not in the mood for his shenanigans and definitely was not in the mood for anyone getting hurt today.

"Feisty as usual, I see. That's hot." Kol turned around and grabbed a metal baseball bat. "No hard feelings mate, but we're not buds. You know, I'll never get used to aluminum, but hey, at least it won't break."Before Kol could stake Damon, he caught the bat and used the broken wood piece to stab him in the stomach.

"Did you kill him?"

"Nope, but it'll get us a head start."

༻❁༺

After Jeremy figured out how to talk to Rose, they eventually found out that she was sired by a person named Mary Porter. Getting rest was essential if they wanted to pay her a visit.

Damon and Elena were doing their own thing, so Jeremy took this as an opportunity to talk to Cecile. They never fully resolved their issues, so he thought this would be an appropriate opportunity.

"So...how have you been, Cici?" Cecile looked up from her phone and gave Jeremy a small smile.

"I'm well, how about you? I see you've been making some interesting friends lately." Jeremy chuckled lightly at her, knowing his choices in making friends were poor lately.