Chapter 9

A/N: Surprise I'm still alive lol. I've been working on my novel a lot and have a job now and school starts in a few weeks so we shall see how much of this gets done.

-----------------------------------------------

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Looking up at the entrance to the castle seemed to knock my senses right back into me as I realized I would have to meet with the ruler of Asgard soon. I knew from my universe that Freya was no longer around and that Odin is somewhat becoming more understanding but I don't know how this interaction will go as I have literally no idea about any of my people's history. 

Thor entered first telling the guards to let us through as we had a meeting with the King. As we made our ways through the hall I couldn't help but admire the spectacular architecture of the glamorous building. Knowing I would most likely be forced to leave soon, worst case scenario, killed, I tried to engrain the beautiful image in my brain. As we made our way to what I am assuming is the throne room I noticed Loki being unusually quiet. He had yet to make a single smart remark about anything around us. Even though all he has been is rude to me, he did help conceal my wings so I felt I should at least ask if he was alright.

Stepping a little closer in his direction I lowered my voice so as not to draw attention and asked him, "Hey Loki? Are you okay?" 

He glared over at me and answered, "What does it matter to you? You should be more focused on how to get yourself out of this mess with those wings of yours."

"Geez I was trying to be nice, no need to attack me." I remarked after hearing his comment. I continued straight ahead only to notice Thor stopping at two large doors.

"Lady (Y/N) I must warn you it may be hard to convince my father you are harmless. We have quite the history with your kind. I would advise you to keep your cool at all times if possible. Everyone in that room will be looking for any slip up on your part." Thor told me as he turned back to look at me.

"Thanks for the heads up Thor, I figured it would be that way. I'll just explain exactly what happened I'm sure after some explaining everyone will relax. Right?" I asked. 

"Ha that's some hopeful thinking. If I were you I would give up now." Loki commented without making eye contact. He seemed intent on glaring at the ground in front of him.

"Whatever Mr. Negative, lets just get this over with Thor I'm tired and would really love to take a nap. Sprouting wings apparently takes a lot of energy." I chuckle as Thor laughs along with me.

"As you wish. Let us go," Thor opens the door entering the room with his head held high as he makes his way to talk with his father. "Father I have brought the girl as you requested."

I entered the room as he said that and bowed to Odin. I knew I would have to get in his good graces based on Thor and Loki's reaction to my wings. I kept my head bowed as I heard Odin speak, "Ah yes the Heven girl, raise your head I would like to speak with you. Now where are those wings of yours?"

I looked over to Loki only to see him standing in a far corner not paying any attention. "Your majesty I apologise we had magic hide them because we didn't want to cause a panic. And if I may ask why did you call me a Heven girl?"

"I see. Loki remove the spell at once I must see them for myself. It seems clear that you do not know even the name of the realm you come from, how interesting. Tell me what is your name?" Odin continued.

"(Y/N) sir. Um I actually don't know anything about my people. In my reality, all of this is fictional, like stuff in a story, it simply does not exist on my Earth." I began to explain.

"So that would be how you escaped our watch they managed to send you to a different universe from our own. I heard rumors of the angels attempting such a feat but believed it not possible." Odin said looking down. When he looked back up he frowned, making me believe I had down something wrong I began to prepare an apology in my head when he spoke, "Loki. I believe I told you to remove the spell hiding the girls wings. Did I not?"

I turned my head to the side noticing they were in fact still concealed. I glanced over at the god in the corner noticing his eyebrows scrunched in frustration. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't have dropped the spell from when we entered but now I knew I had to ask him when I got the chance. I started to notice a shimmer to my side and saw my wings becoming visible again. I looked back to Odin seeing a look of curiosity and slight surprise on his face.

"So it is indeed true. Well then as you seem to pose no threat I shall have you stay here in Asgard for a week. If everything goes well you shall be free to go. However, if I caught you doing anything suspicious or anything to endanger my people you will be put down immediately. Understand?" Odin finished with a harsh tone.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Loki's head snap up at his words, but he quickly hid it by looking away with a face of indifference. I answered Odin, "Of course your highness, I understand perfectly."

"Good, then Loki will be watching you for the week. You are all dismissed, except Thor I would like a word." Odin ordered, but it was at that moment Loki finally chose to speak.

"I have to watch this winged creature! Why? Why not make Thor do it they seem to get along fine?!" Loki exclaimed clearly not wanting anything to do with the job.

"You will do it and that is final. Show the girl the guest room near your room, now." Odin dismissed his complaints as Loki began to leave. I followed quickly not wanting to get in trouble on the first day.

------------------------------------------

Thor's P.O.V.

"Father why have Loki watch her? I do care for my brother, but we all know he has a tendency to bring trouble wherever he goes." 

"Because if that girl can stay out of trouble and keep him from it also we will know that she is truly not a threat. Think of it as a test for both of them. We shall see how determined she is to prove to us that she is good. And we shall see if Loki has really managed to change his character, or if he is willing to destroy her life as a means of entertainment." Odin explained carefully.

"And if they both fail?"

"For their own sake let us hope at least one of them doesn't..."

------------------------------------------

A/N: 100% pulled that outta nowhere. That was not how I originally planned this scene to go at all but that's what you got so I guess we shall all see where this will go cause I don't know either lol. Have a wonderful day!