Luz

Luz jumped off the wagon with Gus and Willow at her heels. 

"Today's going to be sooo awesome! I can't wait to show you all what I have planned for the championship routine!" Luz began bouncing on the balls of her feet. Willow smiled, unlocking the locker rooms door. The three friends pinched their noses, and held their breath. Upon entering, Gus wailed. "Nooooo! They got my locker!!!!" Cat's handwriting was scrawled across his locker

"Shortest baby on the team"

Gus went to wipe it off, but it didn't budge. Tears prickled his eyes. He didn't understand why they picked on him so much.  Willow's hand met his shoulder. "Don't let them get to you Gus. You're so good at skating, they're just jealous. Stupid hockey players." Luz looked over and nodded. "Yeah! What Willow said!" Then she turned. Met with what once was a wet glob of paper towel, now dried like a bad paper mache. "AWW BEANS! AMITY GOT MINE!"

Willow shook her head, noticing the instant repetitive offense to her locker. "Boscha." 

Luz pouted, taking out alcohol wipes and cleaning off Gus' locker, then scraping hers off, then helping Willow take all the cotton out of her locker and throwing it away. The team quickly changed into their uniforms and stepped out onto the ice, starting the music and her routine. Her body and mind moved on their own accord, their coach watching from the sidelines. Unbeknownst to Luz and the others, there was another face in the crowd. One that had always been there, but left before they were seen. 

The face of none other than Amity Blight. 

She attended all their competitions and practices, usually dressed in her brothers clothes, as not to look suspicious. Her brown flecks of hair hidden under Emira's touque. (That's a beanie for you non-Canadians). Adjusting a pair of her glasses on her nose, she watched Luz skate, a small smile playing on her lips. Amity would never admit it, not out loud, to her parents, coach, Ed or Em, and DEFINITELY NOT her team, but she really, really liked watching Luz skate. The way she moved to the music like dancing on the ice. It was almost like it was an apology for cutting up the hockey teams ice with their toe picks as they spun and their uniforms glittered under the light. Luz flipped once, twice, spun, then stopped perfectly, and took a bow. It took all of Amity's will to not leap to her feet and cheer for her.  Luz's coach, Eda, nodded and clapped softly. 

"Very good Luz! I'm impressed!" Her gold tooth shone in the rinks light, and Amity would be lying if she said it didn't scare her away a little bit. Eda's son King (At least thats what she heard them call him) stood and tried to scamper onto the ice. At 8 years old, he was fast and smart, and trying to figure skate like the others, because Eda wouldn't let him play hockey. All because Darius and Ebberwolf were head coaches. Could you believe that? 

Darius used to tell the hockey players the story of the figure skaters and hockey players of his day. He and Ebberwolf had played hockey back when the Whittebane brothers both taught hockey and figure skating. Eda used to be one of the best figure skaters of their time, and their partner, according to Ebberwolf, someone named Raine Whispers, was the most skilled on the ice, just like Eda, and they were inseperable. According to their story, and the newspaper clippings in her coaches offices, Raine got seriously hurt one day during a competition, and never set foot in the rink again. Eda forever felt guilty, and retired her own career, only coming out after finding out from Philip, the Whittebane brother that taught hockey, that his brother had been in a terrible accident, and been taken to the hospital. Eda went with him, and when she came back, she seemed off. After a few years, Philip covinced Eda, Darius and Ebberwolf to coach, and then left into what was assumed to be retirement. 

Luz smiled as the rest ofer her team began their practices and cheers and commands left Eda's lips. Amity smiled too, but snuck out of the rink before anyone could see her.

The last thing she needed was to be caught.

Caught staring at Luz.