Chapter 8

Cindy pov:

I go down to the floor and hug Ziggy then she hugs me back and we start crying. Lexie and Alex are hugging Y/n and talking to each other. "You smell like shit." Ziggy says "Yeah, that's because I'm covered in it." I say "Oh god." she says "Do you think it'll wash out?" I say "You might need to buy a new polo." Ziggy she's making us chuckle "I'm so sorry, Ziggy. I'm...I'm sorry I wasn't here, not just tonight, but every day." I say "No, you were. You just-" she says but I cut her off "No, no. I haven't been here." I say "I know that now. I know that you just needed me to listen, to hear you. I thought if I just put my head down and followed the rules, everything would be fine, that i'd get out of Shadyside, but.. but now I know you were right. Everything is cursed." I say "I could have been nicer. I could have been less of a.. of a monster." Ziggy says to me "Yeah. Well... You were my monster. And at the end of the day, Mom, Dad.. Shadyside, Sunnyvale, I.. I won't let anything pull us apart again. You hear me?" I say "Loud and clear ma'am." she says then we here a banging and we all turn around, "Stay here." Y/n says, I try to get up to see what it is "Hey stay right here, ok? Don't move, stay with Ziggy she needs you right now." Y/n tells me, I just nodded she keeps on walking over where the gate was, I hold ZIggy's hand "Hey Y/l/n was your snitch of a girlfriend at." Alice says, I get up and walk over there "What took you so long?" I ask her "We aren't dating." Y/n says to Alice then Alice looks at me "What?" I ask "Nothing, just help me up." she tells us "Come on" I say helping her up, Alice chuckles and then looks at the floor seeing Tommy's body "You guys  did it" she tells me "We did it." I say then I hug her "Ok, careful, Ok? This thing is like a million years old." she says holding my bag and Y/n chuckles "I bought that a month ago." I say "No, i'm not talking about your stupid bag, genius." she says " "Blood with fall" Satan's stone, Ok? It was right there. All this time, buried under the moss, and I found it. I fuckinh found it." Alice says 'Found what?" I ask her confused  "Three guesses." she says smiling. We all walk over to one of the tables and Alice takes of my bad and takes out a hand , I look at her then she looks at me back "What is it?" Ziggy, Alex, and Lexie asks us "It's Sarah Fier lost hand." Alice tells them "Nurse Lane... she spent her entire life looking for this. A way to stop the curse that took her daughter." I say, Alice opens the book and reads it " "Without her hand, her grip on the land holds firm. The curse will last  until body and hand unite." she shows Ziggy, Alex, and Lexie 'This led us to the hand bone." Y/n says "And if the legend is true, that means her body still buried-" Alice says but Ziggy cut her off "By the Hanging Tree." she says "We can end this. No more murders, no more curse, no more..." I say looking at Tommy's body "pain." I say then I look back at all of them " We can save Shadyside.. tonight!" I say looking at all of them, Ziggy grabs the the hand and her nose starts bleeding and it lands on the hand and she doesn't move, I grab both of her hands and she's gasps then she cleans her nose 'My nose. I bled on the hand and.. I think I just saw her." Ziggy says "Who?" I asked scared  "Sarah Fier." she says we all look at each other "She was. She was angry." she says "We have to bury this thing right fucking now." Alice says. I run into the kitchen into the closet to grab shovel's for all of us and walk back to the mess hall.

your pov:

Cindy comes back and gives us all a shovel 'Ok, let's go." CIndy tells and Alice looks at her "What, I have to use my hands?" she asks Cindy 'No your staying here." Cindy says, Alice was about to say something but Alex interrupted her "What happens if this doesn't work." Alex says and we look at him "What do you mean?" me and Lexie ask him 'What happens if this is it. We don't make it. What if this is our last time with each other." he says worried, Lexie hugs him, then Cindy drops her shovel and we look at her "Fuck it." she says, we all look at her confused and she walks towards me and grabs my checks and kisses me, I was surprised at first then I pulled her by her hips and kiss her back then we let go of each other to get air and we smile at each other "You have no idea how long i've wanted to do that" she whispers to me and puts her forehead on mine "I was about to say the same thing." I whisper back to her and chuckle "I knew it! You guys do like each other!" Ziggy says and we laugh, Alice clears her throat and we look at her "Berman, come on, I can hop just fine." Alice says hopping by the kitchen door and Cindy gives Alice a look " I watched my dad go to jail when I was six." she says looking at Cindy and me  "I watched my mom steal.. so I could eat." she says again and then looks at Ziggy,Alex, and Lexie "First time I cut myself I was 12. It was after.." she says then she stops and looks away at Ziggy, Alex, and Lexie and she looks back at me and Cindy but she looks at Cindy "Well, you know when." she tells her "And now tonight.. I watched your perfect boyfriend turn into a monster and kill the only person I ever loved." she says crying "I've waited.. my whole fucking life for this. And now I found it. Let me see this through. For Arnie.. for Tommy.. for ShadySide." she says "For Shadyside." Cindy says then she looks at Ziggy "For ShadySide." then she looks at me "For Shadyside." I say looking at Alex and Lexie "For Shadyside." they say together then we look at Alice and she smiles "Alice!" Cindy screams Alex get's up and runs towards Alice but she turned around and Tommy lashed her with his axe Cindy gets the shovel and runs towards Tommy and hit him and he leans against the wall and he drops his axe he tries to grab Cindy but she put the shovel on Tommy's neck "Fucking die!" she screams "Why won't you fucking die!" she screams again and she cuts off Tommys head and Ziggy scream Lexie runs to her and hugs her as she drops on her knees then Cindy goes on her knees next to Alice 'No! Alice? Alice? Alice, just.. Just stay with me. Alice." she says Alice takes her last breath, my eyes started watering, Cindy starts sobbing "No. Alice! Alice!" she says I walk towards her and hug he while she sobs on my shoulder.