The Warewolf AU (3/5) || 03

With a cackle in filling the air, Jimin startled glancing back and saw Aera laughing as she ran away while Taehyung chased her in circles, faint growling playfully just to have the toddler mimicking it back.

He sighed and stood up. Jin glanced at him arching his brows up and Jimin shook his head, smiling a little.

"Where's Jungkook?" He asked again, noticing how the younger boy didn't come home since last night.

"Somewhere," Hoseok shrugged, "but he'd fine, don't worry."

How can I not?

Jimin forced himself to nod and opened his mouth to say something but stopped soon enough, hearing a pair of footsteps entering the living room. A smile tugged his lips into a thin line while a sigh worked it's way out in relief, eyes scanning the boy from head to toe from a distance, making sure he wasn't hurt.

"Where have you been Jungkook?" Jin asked, words dripping with concern and nothing else as he stood up from his place and rushed towards the youngest boy, "Do you know how worried we were? You c-"

"I'm okay." Jungkook hushed out, closing his eyes.

"And where were you?" Namjoon asked.

"Baexir," The boy answered, slowly lifting his eyes up to look at the elders. His eyes shuffled across the room, gradually finding their way towards Jimin who had a frown between his brows, staring back at Jungkook.

Heaving out a shaky breath, the boy blinked a few times, not breaking the eye contact and pointed his hand outside, "Can we... can we talk, hyung...please?"

Jimin stared at him, noticing the moisture in his eyes even from the good distance between them. He nodded subtly, praying for a miracle to happen and things wouldn't go as he has imagined all these years in his mind. Pushing his hair back and wearing a straight face despite of the strom building up inside him, he followed the younger, seeing he wasn't going to his room, neither Jimin's. Instead Jungkook turned around in the backyard, heading towards the warehouse.

The lights switched on as Jungkook stepped inside first, welcomed by a familiar smell of wood and leather and stuff like that. He walked up to one side of the huge room, pulling out two folding chairs and placing them in front of each other.

"Sit," Jungkook voiced, not looking at Jimin yet.

The older nodded, taking a seat and waited for Jungkook to start something which didn't seem like happening. He sighed and reached out to place his hand on the the brother's knee, wanting him to know that it's okay and his Jimin hyung is here. However he ended up frowning as Jungkook pulled himself back, shaking his head as a No and pushed Jimin's hand gently.

"...Jungkook are you okay?" Jimin asked softly, concerned from his behaviour as Jungkook would be the last person to refuse his hyungs' touch of affection and assurance.

"No..." Jungkook breathed out, lifting his head up, looking at Jimin with desperation, "I'm not okay... not even close. I'm- I'm literally dying inside, hyung. It's hard to breath like this when... when everything keeps suffocating me."

Jimin stared at him, listening to Jungkook's shaky voice, which still sounded deep. A different deep this time, as if he had tons of weight above him, as if he was holding himself from doing a possible damage, as if he was scared of what was going to come, and as if he was scared of something. Deep down.

"I can't stop thinking about what Osccur said, I'm sorry- I really am hyung... I don't wanna belive him at all. I hate myself so much for even thinking about it, but I can't help it when you're acting like this..." He trailed off, staring at Jimin who still hid behind a sculpted face.