Chapter 37

Third Person's POV

"What's happening here, Your Majesty?"

Cassian, Volkan's cousin was still in a sort of trance and he still couldn't comprehend the situation. Even Tristesse didn't know what was happening in front of her own eyes.

"You've been charged and guilty of treason. Empire's commander of knights, and Duke of the Alamort Empire, Cassian Valdis-Alamort, you're under arrest." Volkan said with full of authorization.

Mas lumapit pa sila sa duke, cornering Cassian to prevent him from escaping.

"I didn't know what you're talking about, Your Majesty." he insinuated.

Hindi pa rin lubos na maintindihan ng binata kung anong nangyayari at bakit nabaling sa kanya ang mga espada nila ngayon na kanina lang ay nakatutok kay Eero. Sa pagkakaalam niya ay nandito sila upang depensahan ang kanilang palasyo, which is against from the neighboring Empire.

But it turns out that it was all the way around and now all of them are against him.

"You started and incited the rebellion against your Empire. You slaughtered and massacred thousands of people in the borders and you committed multiple crimes." pagbunyag pa ni Volkan sa lahat ng mga kasalanan niya.

"People will know all of your defiance and treachery and you will be stripped of your title as the duke of the Alamort Empire and henceforth, you will be sentenced to death."

Namayani ang katahimikan sa pagitan ng panig ni Volkan at ang binatang si Cassian.

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

Cassian cowers and remained silent for a couple of seconds but later on, he let out a sinister laugh that envelope the entire Empire.

Pinasadahan niya ang buhok niya gamit ang mga daliri niya saka ito napangisi, that made everyone who let their guards down fend off because of the sudden change of his behavior that became perplexing to them dahil ibang iba ito sa nakilala nila.

The Cassian they knew was a charismatic man who was beaming with kindness, pero ngayon ay tila ibang iba na ito sa nakagisnan nila at napatunayan nitong isa siya sa mga nag-udyok ng rebelyon.

"Wow, how did you know?" namamangha pang pagkasabi nito habang natatawa.

It was exactly as what Volkan predicted. He knew it in the first place that his cousin was the adversary and the one who was head of fermenting this war and chaos the moment when the bandits attacked at the borders.

Cassian is the duke and the Empire's shield that's why he owned his own army at ang iba sa kanila ay namumukhaan ni Volkan nang mangyari ang kaguluhan sa borders.

Volkan decided to aligned with Eero for bringing out the main culprit and the instigator of treason.

Even the bandits who rescued Tristesse in the pits of her death were also part of their plan. They knew that Volkan's mistress was one of the conspirators and the child that she was carrying was not his.

They planted a spy sa kabilang panig kaya ay naging matagumpay ang plano nila. In order to deceive their enemies, they deceived each other.

And It was all executed to Eero and Volkan's plan.

"Dropped your sword and return yourself, Cassian." dagdag pa ni Eero.