Chapter 13- Ghosted

~Cameron~

It has been three days since I last spoken to Dylan. Every time I go to call him he always saids he is busy. Its like a punch to the stomach.

Hugo has been listening to my rants the past three nights as we now call eachother before bed. Since Dylan doesn't want to.

Even when I found myself hanging up to Hugo telling him I was going to "sleep". I found myself crying on the phone to Noah. Who I knew would still be up at that hour.

He ended up coming over, just cuddling me as he reminded me that Dylan was being childish. Maybe even embarrassed. But I knew he was itching to say he was jealous.

The next morning I found myself feeling guilty that I didn't tell Hugo how truly upset I was. That I had to run to my brother for comfort.

"What's going through your head this morning?" Noah elbowed my side as he joined me out on my small balcony. Sitting down on the floor beside me.

"Am I wrong for coming to you?" I questioned. Pulling my knees up to my chest.

Noah looked at me as if I had grown ten heads. "Are you stupid? I'm your big brother. Why would it be wrong in the first place?"

"I just thought_"

"You thought nothing. I made a promise...I mean we promised to be there for you and protect you for Dad." Noah was quick to cut in. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder protectively. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I knew Noah was right. In a way he was like Owen and Mason mixed together.

"Speaking of Dad I haven't gotten a chance to vist him. I was still away for his anniversary which I feel guilty about aswell." Everything was coming clean off my chest today.

"You have been busy. Go when you get the chance, I'm sure he won't mind. You might just need to make one or two extra cards for him to make it up." Noah teased. Lightly pushing me to the side.

"Hey you love all my cards. Your jealous that your not the one receiving them." I shrugged. "Maybe when your dead." I teased.

"Not funny." He pouted.

"Shush. I'm a comedian."

"You know what? I wish we could go back to the time when you were only crying over the movie trolls." Noah had a smug smile on his lips.

"And I wish we could go back to the time when I could sucker you into tea parties. Wearing pretty princess tiaras." I smiled.

"I think I still have brain damage from them." Noah rubbed his head.

"Well if it's not that then I would be worried if it's something else." Noah looked truly offended by my comment. But I couldn't help but laugh.

"You would love me etheir way." Noah poked my stomach, making me laugh even more.

"True." I poked him.

"But in all seriousness don't let this destroy your mood. Remember this was your new fresh start back home." What Noah really meant that this was the shiny new roll coaster that I just first in line for.

****

My heart races everytime a notification goes off on my phone. I had texted Dylan but yet to receive a reply.

Noah had left me to go to work, so I was stuck dwelling at home. While I waited for Dylan to text me back.

A knock on the door surprised me as I wasn't expecting anyone to come by. Pushing myself off the couch, I made my way to the front door.

Looking through the peep hole, my mouth dropped. Opening the door as quick as I could, there stood Dylan. He opened his arms welcomely as if he was expecting me to run into them.

But I was quick to stay in my spot, crossing my arms. "Where the hell have you been?"

He slowly dropped his hands to his side. "Lets talk inside." Dylan sighed.

"Yeah you damn right we need to talk." Turning on my heel I started to walk back to where I was sitting earlier. Dylan following behind me after he closed the door.

"So?" I questioned.

Watching as Dylan moved around the coffee table, sitting down beside me on the couch.

"Look I'm sorry I haven't answered any of your texts or calls. I have been busy with work." Dylan explained. His eyes searched mine, to see if I believed him.

But I didn't believe him. It was obvious he was jealous but he didn't want to admit it.

"Dylan but the way you acted the other night and the past few days isn't fair." The fustration was starting to build. But I needed to keep myself calm.

Dylan rested his hands on his lap. "Look Cameron I'm sorry. It was a shit thing to do and I didn't mean to hurt you."

I let out a sigh, shaking my head. "I'm letting you off easy with this one because I love you. But you have to promise me not to be a prick around Hugo like you were the other day."

Dylan went to protest but I raised my eyebrow. He let out a defeating sigh, letting his head drop slightly. "For you I will."

"Thank you." I smiled. I stood up, making my way around the couch.

"Do I not get a hug?" Dylan questioned.

"No." I laughed.

He got up and started to stalk towards me. My eyes widened, I ran so I was at the other end of the couch.

Dylan had an evil look in eye. We both swayed side to side of etheir end of the couch. He ran left and I ran right around the couch. Unexpectedly he jumped over the couch, pulling me into his embrace. I let out a squeal of surprise.

"Caught ya!" He laughed.

"I said no hugs!" I laughed, trying to pull myself out of his embrace. But his arms had a tight grip on me.

"Never!" He shouted, laughing evily. His head was stuffed into my neck. I still struggled but in real truth I couldn't move an inch. "Don't act like you don't like my hugs." He whispered into my ear.

Goosebumps traveled up my neck and arms from his warm breathe on my neck. I turned my head so I looked up at him. Our lips inches apart.

Dylan started to lean in.

I placed my hand over his lips, blocking him out. "Dylan I have a boyfriend. We can't do this." He instantly let go of me.

"Yeah your right. Sorry I just got caught up in the moment." He shrugged, his hands were stuffed in his pockets. He had taken a step back.

"It's okay." I smiled. "How about we get some lunch or something." I suggested trying to change the mood.

Dylan pulled out his phone. "I actually have to go. My lunch break is almost over and I just came over to you know talk."

I could feel my heart sink. "Yeah that's fine. Thanks Dylan for coming. Just answer my texts."

He nodded, saluting me off as he made his way to the door. "Will do."

I let out a long breathe once the door closed.

It was like just on time my phone started ringing. It was Hugo. But I just stared at the lit up screen. Until it ended. What was I doing?

There we go Chapter 13...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As I have said before this book is going to be quick paced. I also want to mention how I am hoping to finish this before I head back to school.
Another thing is sorry for the wait.

What are you thoughts on Dylans apology??

Cameron seems a bit confused at the moment.. 😬

Any suggestions??
Any questions??
Any theories??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Edited)