Where

Astra

How did mother know this lady and what does she want with me? Can I trust her? Did mother think of this plan before she passed? Was this all a mistake? Who the actual fuck is this lady...Oh gosh, what if she is an undercover spy from the Kingdom of Lucifer? Oh shit is she trying to kill me? Wait no, I trust her. She has the necklace. It's ok Astra, it's ok.

"Hello? HELLOOOO" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts momentarily. I looked up from the leaves under me to see Avery looking at me in concern. "Astra are you ok? What happened? Why'd you stop like that so suddenly?" I looked around only to see I was in the same spot as I was 20 minutes ago. I hadn't even realized that I had stopped moving. Welp, I guess I'm stupider than I thought (relatable to the author...me).

"Oh sorry. I didn't realize what was happening. Yeah, I'm fine, just lost in some thoughts" I apologized quickly. "Uhm we should start again. This is a 2 hour walk right?" she nodded her head and started to walk off again. This time I focused and threw all thoughts out of my head.

Yeet. Just yeet your thoughts out. How simple.

Shut up head.

You know, I'd rather not shut up. TALK TALK TALK. Sorry I'll shut up now.

I roll my eyes at myself and jog a little to catch up to Avery who was a little ahead.

About 1 hour and 45 minutes later, the trees start to clear up and we end up in an empty meadow with a hilly background and grass. A forest surrounding the field. I look at Avery questionably while she just smiled. She walked in front of me and raised her hands. That's when I noticed a feather-like object in her hand/ She started chanting weird mantras and words I have never heard before. It was like...a prayer? But to whom and why. Wind started blowing around us and her smile just grew wider. At this point I was scared. I attempted to back up and move, but the wind held me in place like I was stuck. I looked around frantically ready to run for my life. This only makes Avery grin more if that's even possible, still while chanting her 'prayer'.

She finally finishes after what seems like forever. But something changed. I can practically feel the magic swirling around the two of us. I suddenly feel airy and bubbly. I look around me to see a completely new scenery. Instead of seeing a field and forest, I see a tall castle-like building. It was smaller than a castle and was covered in vines. It was simply out on a small hill that overlooks the green, moist environment. It seems...peaceful here...something I haven't experienced much before. How did that change? I've never seen this kind of magic anywhere...If any wizard found out how to do any magic of the sort, chaos will occur for sure. I feel uneasy as Avery takes my hand and skips up the hill.

As we reach the entrance I see people in black bodysuits guarding 2 large double doors

As we reach the entrance I see people in black bodysuits guarding 2 large double doors. Avery makes a deer hand sign before the guards nod their heads and the doors open. I'm amazed by what's inside. I see a large room with a staircase leading up to 3 floors until it splits into 2 different staircases. Lights are everywhere around the gold and red-themed room.

"On the first floor, the floor we are on, there are 2 hallways that lead to the dungeon and slaughter chambers" my eyes widen as Avery starts explaining the tour around the building

"On the first floor, the floor we are on, there are 2 hallways that lead to the dungeon and slaughter chambers" my eyes widen as Avery starts explaining the tour around the building. "The second floor has the training centers, weapon centers, and the leader offices. Lastly, the third floor is for all the rooms for people staying here. And unless you are called to the area, never go into the basement alone" she added sternly. "Got it? Good" she asked as I nodded my head still confused.

"I'm sorry Avery but where am I?"

"Oh, I forgot to mention that on the way! You are in the headquarters of the assassins. Welcome to the XI Assasins Assosiation"

What. The. Actual. Hell.