Chapter 12 - You Watched Them Burn!

[Genora's POV]

I woke up an hour or two before sunrise the next morning feeling a little dizzy. I sat up and the room spun a little. I looked around and saw Fili and Kili curled up together on a large sofa next to the window. Thorin slept in the armchair next to the now dying fire. I wrote a note addressed to the company before pulling on my boots. I put my staff on my back and my sword on my belt. Before I left, I kissed Fili on the cheek. However, when I went to pull away, Fili grabbed my wrist.

“You're not leaving are you?” Fili asked me

“I have to” I said simply

“No you don't” Fili answered

“I signed the contract and joined this company with the promise that the Aldar will help you against Smaug. I'm not the Aldar and quite frankly, I don't know enough water-bending to depend on that alone” I told him

“What if Balinor finds you?” Fili asked

“Balinor is done with me. My father, however, isn't. Balinor had a mission to destroy the light spirit and he succeeded” I explained. “I have to go, I'm sorry”

“I know” Fili said before he pulled me closer to him and kissed me.

“I wish all the luck in the world, Fili son of Dis” I said before I walked out the door.

“Genora!” Fili called out before he ran after me. I turned around as he put something in my hand.

“Don't tell Thorin, I got it from that Troll hoard and I think it's Elvish” Fili said. My fingers closed around the handle and I picked it up. It was light and perfect for fighting with. I quickly put it in my belt next to my sword. Fili pressed his lips to the back of my hand before I walked down the dock.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I stopped for a rest around midday or so. I sat down next to the stream and took a deep breath before letting my hair fall loose around my shoulders. I gathered it up in one ponytail and drew my sword. Gripping the handle, I drove my sword through my dark hair, cutting it so it came to the middle of my neck. I quickly took my spare shirt out of my pack and got changed. Lastly, I threw my staff into the river.

Rogue Demons would be looking for the Aldar, not a simple water-bender, dressed like an earth-bender.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Selene's POV]

“Are you sure that's what you saw, my Lady?” My second asked me

“I am sure. If the Dwarves do raise an army against Men and Elves then Chaos will ride across Middle-earth once more. Elves from Lothlorien and Rivendell will be torn between keeping peace or joining their kin from Mirkwood” I said “Any news of the Aldar?”