-Chapter 1-

Shuichi's POV:

Everything was going as planned...
Kaede had just been executed for "killing" Rantaro.
Everybody was in shock and sadness, everybody but me and Kokichi.
Kokichi was the one to kill Rantaro, but nobody needs to know that...yet.

I had to pretend I was sad so they wouldn't think I was suspicious in any way, especially so early in the game.
I started to pretend to cry, then Angie walked over and comforted me.
"It's going to be ok Shuichi! Atua will make sure nobody else gets hurt!" Angie explained.
I could tell she was hurt.

I mean, she did just watch somebody get hung.
"T-thanks Angie," I said, trying to sound as sad as possible.
I look at Angie and she has a look of fear and despair in her eyes.
It was so amazing! Seeing her and everybody feel so much despair!
Angie started hugging me, over her shoulder, I could see my beloved Kokichi over by Maki, and Kaito, he of course, was antagonizing them.

Kokichi's POV:

After seeing kaiyayday (Kaede) get hung, the despair started rushing through me.
It felt so good to watch her suffer and drown in despair...
I felt extra bitchy today, so I decided to go and antagonize Maki and Kaito.

I walked over to them and said, "Nice day isn't it?" Making them rage.
"Why the hell are you asking that!? What do you fucking think?!" Kaito exclaimed.
Maki sat there giving me a death glare.
I of course decided to say something to her glare, "awww is that the look of sadness I see Maki?" I said.
"Do you wanna die?" Maki threatened.
"Neehehe! You can't kill me! Or or you'll get executed too!" I said, with a sly grin on my face.

"Why you-" Kaito tried to say before he was cut off by my beloved Shumai saying "ok ok that's enough g-guys, this is not the time to f-fight," my beloved said, fake stuttering.
"But-....he-" Kaito tried to justify why he should continue to argue with me.
"You heard him, idiot, stop arguing," I said, giving a cheeky grin.

"That goes for you too Kokichi," Shumai said as he disciplined me.
I knew he didn't mean that so I said "whatev's" then walked away.

Shuichi's POV:

"I don't get how you can be so calm with him sidekick, I mean, he's so annoying" Kaito complained as he rolled his eyes.

That pissed me off, I wanted to punch him, strangle him, kill him, but that would ruin my reputation, and I would be the blackened.

Ugh, he's so annoying, I can't want to kill him I thought.
"I'm gonna go," I said, trying to find any way to get away from him and find my beloved Kokichi. (sorry I keep using beloved, it's probably getting annoying, but I gotta use the title as much as possible 😅)

3rd person POV:

As the ultimate detective walked down the hall to find the purple-haired male, he stumbled upon Kirumi, who happened to be cleaning the hallway.

"Oh, hello Shuichi," Kirumi said as she greeted the blue-haired boy.
"Hey Kirumi, u-um do you happen to know where Kokichi is?" Shuichi questioned.
"Last I saw him he was heading to his room, may I ask why you want to see him?" Kirumi asked.
"O-oh no reason, just wanted to a-ask him something"
Shuichi said while he fake stuttered.
"Ok then," she replied.

As Shuichi walked to Kokichi's room, he started thinking about how good it felt for Kokichi to murder Rantaro and Shuichi to blame somebody else, while Kokichi gets away with it because they are working together!

He realized just how much power he had as the ultimate detective, how everybody believes him when he says who the blackened is.

Shuichi started to smile as he saw Kokichi's dorm room coming into view.

He stood in front of the door and knocked in a special pattern, letting Kokichi know it was him.
He stood there for a sec before the door opened to reveal a short purple-haired boy.

(I forgot to add that Shuichi's getting Kokichi to see if he's ready for the meeting with monokuma as they have a meeting after every major execution)

Kokichi's POV:

As I was looking at my monopad, I hear a knock on my door.

The person knocked in a special pattern, so I knew it was my sweet Shumai.
I got up from my bed to go open the door, only to see my beloved Shumai, as expected.

I of course, let him in then closed the door
"Why aren't you ready yet Kichi?" Shumai asked me, calling me by my nickname.

"Cause monobear moved the meeting to 2 am because our bitchmates (classmates) are still awake," I said, pouting
"Oh, guess I didn't see the news on my monopad" Shumai said

"Neehehe!" I giggled and sat down on my bed
"Would you like to do anything while we wait?" Shumai asked

I looked at him and thought long and hard about what to do when I got a great idea!

"What if we danced together!" I suggested, as I sprung up from my bed and walked in front of Shumai

"Dance?" He chuckled, "Where did that come from?" He questioned

"Because of Kaiyayday's death! We must celebrate it! And what better way than to dance to her song!" I smiled, I knew this was a perfect idea, it was full of despair and it was the only valid reason I could think of for dancing with Shumai!

"Sure, we can play it on our monopad right?" He said, before checking his monopad to check if he was right
"I think so, monobear did give us special ones, so there must be some music feature," I said, as I watched my beloved Shumai scroll through the options on the monopad until he found the music option

"Found it!" He searched for the song and placed it down on my nightstand, he then played the song and stood in front of me, smiling.
I smiled as he grabbed my waist with his left hand and my hand with his right, I did the same

We danced for about 30 minutes, completely losing track of time as we were just focusing on each other's presence.
Once we finished I placed a kiss on Shumai's cheek and turned off the music, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"You missed," Shuichi said with a smile
I turned around, still in his hold, and kissed him on the lips, in doing so, he kissed back.
We soon pulled away and hugged each other, his hands around my waist and my arms around his neck.
We stayed like that for a while, swaying back and forth, until my beloved pulled away and checked the time.

"We should probably get going now, it's 1:45, monokuma will get mad if we're late" He stated, then he started gathering the things we needed, which wasn't much.

And with that, we held hands and walked down the empty hallway, making our way to the meeting place.

Edit 1: That's the end of this chapter! If you've already read this chapter and are re-reading it, you might notice that I've changed a few things! This is because I felt like the chapter was too short so I added the dancing scene to make it longer, and more interesting :>

Edit 2: Sometimes you might notice slight or big changes in chapters. This is because every once in a while I go back and fix whatever's wrong or misspelt in a chapter, so if you see a couple paragraphs that are new or different, it's just me desperately trying to fix this cringy ass book from 2020/2021 😭
Word count: 1311