Janis Joplin

Dear Janis, 

        I'd like to start this off to say thank you for your amazing talent, work, and your passion of becoming who you were. You wrote your music of how you felt, like any atrist should. But it was a combination of Gospel, Soul, Blues, Rock and country. That's what made you unique. You remind me of the 1960's Hippie woman. 

        My god, you're even in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. That takes a lot. You stunned us all with your music. I still even listen to you. I actually attended a Blues festival & they played  "piece of my heart"  & i've always remembered that song since i was about 10 or 11 years old. I am now 17. Every time  i hear that song it takes me back to that first moment when i heard it. It was amazing. it still is. It's practically my favorite song by you other than your album 'The Essential' & 'The Woodstock Experience'.

        I had never known you overdosed on heroin. & it made me think and wonder why you took to much than normal. possibly you couldn't take the pain you were giving yourself, but I mean everyone has that. Just some who have it a lot worse. And you know what i find really strange is that you died when you were 27 years old & overdosed on heroin, yet Kurt Cobain Who also died when he was 27 years old had also shot up heroin but then shot himself. I just think it's really strange. Maybe kurt listened to you when he was younger. I don't know. but Your lyrics in all of your songs have so much meaning, & pretty much everyone, and i mean everyone can relate to the lyrics. 

        However, I should probably end this so, like i said in the introduction of the letter You were someone who people were inspired by. Keep singing up there Janis. We love you. 

                                              Sincerely,  All your fans.