🍀Prologue: A Legend Is Born🍀

In a cottage built for us humans in Carrick - a small village in County Donegal, North West of Ireland, a woman sat comfortably in a chair by a fireplace one winters eve as she cradled a baby wrapped in a forest green blanket in her arms after giving birth to her a little earlier.

Her husband stood by her side throughout the birth, never once leaving even for a pint.

Sorry, my apologies...I must have forgotten to mention that these people are in no way human at all.

They are in fact, magical Leprechauns.

"Aw, look at the wee thing." The woman's husband cooed over the baby laying in his wife's arms while she stared up at her father. "She has her mother's eyes."

The mother smiled fondly at the baby, who in turn, had placed her hand around her mother's forefinger. "She may have my eyes, but by the luck of the Irish, I hope the poor girl doesn't end up with your personality."

The man did a double-take and looked at his wife incredulously. "And what's that supposed to mean, Mrs. Mary Muldoon?"

Mary smiled innocently up at him. "Oh, nothing Seamus, nothing at all. Where'd our son run off to this time? I bet you all the money in a single pot of gold that our Mickey is-"

"I'm right here, mother." A young lad said as he suddenly appeared in the cottage, and by using magic, no doubt.

He walked up to his parents and smiled at the baby. "Welcome to the world little lad, your older brother here will get you into a heap load of mischief with me pals when you're a little older yourself. That's what is to be a Leprechaun, you know? Mischief and magic and all that."

Seamus and Mary exchanged glances and tried to stifle a laugh, but it didn't go unnoticed by Mickey, who stood there looking at his parents a little confused. "What's so funny? Was it somethin' I said?"

Seamus turned to Mickey and patted his shoulder lightly. "Mickey me boy, she isn't a lad. She's a lass."

Mickey's eyes went wide as he looked between his parents and the baby. "Seriously? I thought that was impossible! Well, with the exception of me mother and a couple other female Leprechauns we know of. But still..."

"You're not wrong there. But least we forget, it's the first time in less than a hundred years a Leprechaun baby is born." Seamus pointed out to his son. "And a female one at that."

Mickey nodded in understanding. "Ah, right, Jericho's younger brother Barney was the last Leprechaun to be born, and he's not quite reached 80 yet."

He then smiled at the baby again. "Sorry 'bout that. You're not even a day old, and your brother's already made a fool of himself." The baby locked eyes with him and smiled a little, making all three of them look at her in awe.

Mary chuckled. "And here I thought the wee thing would cry again, but it looks like she agrees that you're a fool, Mickey."

Mickey rolled his playfully. "Great, thanks ma."

Seamus smiled widely. "She knows a fool when she sees one by the looks of it. That right there is proof that she's definitely a Leprechaun through and through."

He gently placed a hand on Mary's shoulder and looked at his family proudly. "With the blood of a Muldoon running through her veins, the lass will grow up to be as strong and mischievous as us Leprechauns are known to be. Now, what should we name her?"