🍀Chapter 03: Believing Is Seeing🍀

After unpacking my things in my small but comfortable room, I grabbed Kelsey's violin and told Jack I'll be meeting the girls soon before I left the cottage.

I took a walk through the fields close by and smiled at seeing nothing but sheep, a brown fence on the other side of the field, and a couple of trees here and there.

"Perfect." I said out loud before opening the violin case and picking up the violin and tuning it.

I knew how to play the violin a little because Kelsey taught me herself, but I wouldn't say I was amazing or anything. I just like to play it for fun.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out before playing a song I've been learning for a while.

I heard someone clapping there hands once I finished playing. I had no idea I had my own audience, but apparently so. "Wow, I haven't heard playing like that in awhile, other than at the local tavern."

What the...who-

"Why don't you turn around, las? I promise I won't bite."

I did as the dude said, and instead of seeing a human, I saw the one thing I've always believed in. "A Leprechaun?! Sweet baby Jesus, I knew they were real all along...I just didn't think I'd actually get the chance to meet one."

The boy smiled at me from where he was sitting on top of Kelsey's violin case and gave me a little wave. "The name's Mickey Muldoon, pleasure to meet you...sorry las, what's your name?"

I blinked several times, my mind trying to process that this guy is a freakin' Leprechaun. "Huh? Oh! Uh, sorry, it's Amelia Woods, but my friends call me Mia for short."

Mickey looked at me in complete surprise. Why was he looking at me like that? "Did you say your name is Amelia?"

It took a seat on the grass in front of him and nodded slowly. "Yeah...is something wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost, though it's a little weird that I can see that, seeing as you're a...you know..."

"A Leprechaun?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that."

Mickey gave me a small smile. "Sorry, it's just that, I had a little sister called Amelia as well. It's probably just a coincidence. Nothing for you to worry about."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah...probably."

"So, have you been in Ireland long?" Mickey asked.

I shook my head. "No, I got here about half an hour ago. I've always wanted to visit Ireland because I can run around free without anyone stopping me, and no rules for me to follow."

"Ah, so, you like a bit of mischief, then?"

I raised an eyebrow. "'Like' mischief? I love it! Nothing like a good prank on the people you you don't like, right?"

Mickey burst out laughing. "I hear you! Those Trooping Fairies don't know what hit 'em sometimes. Brainless flies!" I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

"We see you've met Mickey."

I looked up at Brianna and Kelsey in surprise. "Wait...you two know him?!"

Kelsey and Brianna looked at each other nervously for some reason. "Well, you see...the thing is-"

"We've known each other for a long time. My friends and Brianna and Kelsey used to hang out together sometimes before they left Ireland." Mickey interrupted Kelsey. The three of them exchanged looks, but I just shrugged it off and thought nothing of it.