🌺Chapter 02: One Surprise After Another🌺

Several hours later, the plane landed at the airport in Ireland successfully. I can't tell you how much I am glad to get off that death trap!

We grabbed our luggage and walked to the train station with Kelsey and Brianna leading the way, since they knew Ireland better than myself and Jack.

As soon as we got to the station, we purchased a ticket each and waited at least 10 minutes for the train to arrive. When it did, the four of us quickly got on it and found some seats before sitting down. I sat behind Kelsey and Brianna, and Jack sat across from us with a book about Ireland in his hands just as the train started moving.

Kelsey and Brianna turned around in their seat and faced me with matching grins. "We know how much you love surprises, so we have a lovely surprise for you we know you'll absolutely love."

Brianna nodded. "Yep, and it's something you won't want to take off, either."

I smiled and shook my head. "Girls, you didn't have to get me anything, really. I don't need anything because the best gift of all is having you both as my best friends."

Kelsey and Brianna looked at each other before looking back at me. "No doubt about."

"Now, quit stalling, and open your hand out." Brianna practically commanded.

I couldn't help but laugh as I held my hand out to her like she told me to. "Okay your majesty." My laughing stopped when she pulled out a silver necklace with a four-leaf clover on it that was also silver and shined when the sunlight touched it before gently placing it in my hand.

"Well, what you waiting for?" Kelsey asked. "Put it on, Mia."

I looked at it in curiosity. Something about it seemed so familiar, but I'm absolutely sure I've never seen this before in my life.

Either way, I put it on and managed to clip it in place. Once it was on me, I started having a flashback of a memory that I never knew I had.

*Flashback*

"Aw, look at the wee thing. She has her mother's eyes."

"She may have my eyes, but by the luck of the Irish, I hope the poor girl doesn't end up with your personality."

"That's our mother for you Amelia, always looking out for her family. Honestly, that woman worries too much. I guess that's what a mothers job is, I suppose. Now, you listen to me; if you bring home a young Romeo that tickles ya fancy, you introduce him to me first, okay? Sean, Jericho, Barney and I will take care of him...just give him a word of warning and all, you need not worry."

"You be a good girl for us, though we definitely won't be disappointed to hear that you've been up to mischief in the human world. We'll see you soon, Amelia."

"I didn't think I'd have to say goodbye to you until you were off on your honeymoon if you ever find a young man to marry. Of course, we can't have everything we hoped for, can we? So, I guess I'll have to move my goodbyes to you many years earlier than I had anticipated."

"We love you, our precious little petal."

*End of Flashback*

"What was that about?" 'Human world'? What we they, Leprechauns or something?

More importantly, who were those people? How did they know me? Why am I receiving this memory as soon as I put on the necklace?