Princess

His mother? Gone. His only friend? Gone. His belief in Shrek? Gone. 

The only thing left in P69420's life was the bitterness in his heart... That and the emo clothes he had stored up in his wardrobe, all definitely not stolen. How could he have gotten to this point in his life? It had been 7 whole years since his mother had left this cruel world, he thought he had gotten over it. He should have gotten over it! But he didn't. If only he had an indication of what was the next thing to do with his life; he knew what he wanted to do. Find someone... anyone who would care about him whether that be figuring out who his father was or maybe, just MAYBE finding true love. He always secretly hoped that soulmates weren't just a fairy tale thing, it would silently crush him if it weren't a real concept.

A month he had been friendless for. A whole month.  Today it was starting to hit him harder than other days just how lonely he really was, so he decided to take a walk to the outskirts of Flurry. He would have gone to the library, but Steve was now a janitor there after getting fired at his old job so that was a no-go. He didn't want to face him.

"Hey, are you okay?" That voice was strange, something P69420 had never heard before, or at least he thought he didn't recognise it, "You haven't happened to see any princesses around here, have you?"

Looking behind him he saw what appeared to be a human man, those were just in stories though! They shouldn't be real, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." P69420 hesitated "We don't exactly have royalty here in Flurry, I think you might be at the wrong place".

The man just stared for about a minute before chocking out his next sentence in annoyance "Gunter always getting his directions wrong, what am I going to do with him? At least he got to one of the penguin towns... Just not the one with the pretty penguin princess..."

P69420 may have been an outcast, but he could tell when people were upset. As an empath it came naturally to him. He couldn't take his eyes off this man for some reason though, could it have been the pure emotion shown in his face, or the amazement of looking at a species he thought was non-existence Or.... "Actually, I just remembered! I did see a princess around here not long ago!" What was he doing!? A lie just came right out of his mouth, a lie that wouldn't even benefit him in any way! What was he thinking?

"A princess?? Where??" The man swiftly replied, his face lighting up. Maybe this was why he did it? To make this strange man happy?

"Uh, I don't quite remember, but if you come back to my igloo we can brainstorm a way to search the village in the fastest way possible to find her... Only if you want to!"

"Hm, I don't see why not"

"I'm P69420 by the way!", he held out his flapper.

"Oh so you're not a Gunter? I'm the Ice King" He zapped some ice around using his powers before looking down and seeing P69420's flapper still held out to shake it.

This was truly the start to something beautiful.