The Broken Child

when the whip came down it didn't hurt as much after so many years of this torment. the pain being a dull friend to her at this point, blood being a warm blanket that never let her down, it was almost comforting, until the fire of poising from the whip blades entered her system. she never minded this kind of poison but when they poisoned her food was the worst one by far, hurting not only her insides, but to a point making her dependent on this poison to keep her going. 

when she first had to take the poison called " Cause perdue" it put her in a coma for days, the village celebrated, thinking they found a way to kill her permanently, not like she cant die or anything.  Her curse makes it extremely hard to, she's immune to most poisons but this one was  newly formed just for her and her prolonged torment, apparently they got it from the sand Village. 

Doc wasn't hitting hard, making Kow worried. if they saw he was giving her a boon they would punish him instead, looking up at him her eyes pleading to not get in trouble for her punishment, she hated that they did this but he was genuinely nice to her. She hated this village, not because of her abuse, but because if they don't hurt her well enough they also get to go to the podium and labeled a tarator. Except Hasu her sister considering she's the next leader they wont hurt her.  

 When her sister went out, the village would turn against her, they really only tolerated her because of her sister Hasu. she was well known by the village at this point for protecting her sister. Hasu Loved her sister even if she was born with the eyes, the cursed eyes that with a single look could destroy villages and families, even set a flame that's hotter then hell itself. 

Hasu could never understand why the village hated her so much, she knew she had a curse, she knew what that meant for her sister, but wouldn't it be in the villages best interest to keep her little Kow safe, use her as a weapon for all she cared but she just wanted the public beatings to stop. Kow never told her what happens when she's gone but, when she gets home and see all the blood in her room, when she couldn't stand to greet her, when the doc would sneak in her room at night. Hasu knew she was experiencing something far worse then what a Shinobi should ever go threw. but not like she was the leader of the village yet all she could do for know was protect her till she was. 

Hasu loved her adventures, her mother and father don't like it when she goes out into the wilderness to find herbs and flowers, but her parents really only cared about her, even if they have another child they used to wish dearly that they didn't.

 she mostly hunts for flowers for her sister.  Kow was always in love with flowers, she would try to grow her own but only about half of them they are able to get growing, well before the village finds out and destroys Kows hard work. recently Hasu found an area near the village that Kow could grow her flowers in peace, a small clearing next to an oasis, where water flowed freely, and birds flew around like a symbol ready to be found out.  Maybe she could even get Kow to live out there and hide from the villagers.

Hasu was walking back to her home, The Hidden Village of Sorrow. the village was well known for the torcher abilities  that  the Shinobi posses. well educated on human anatomy and with plenty of ways to get people to talk they were known pretty well, especially  not to get caught by them. she was one of the most well schooled, and best fighters they had in the village.  

when Hasu saw the podium with her sister chained up, everyone watched as this small child was getting wiped, Kows back was facing her and she could see the flaps of skin falling over each other, blood running like a facet staining the ground, a green liquid  was on the whip. looking around to see who it was this time that was drawn to hurt her sister and seeing the kind Doc, nearly in tears as he was forced to hurt Kow. 

Hasu was at her point she couldn't let this go. it was daily the village tried this, she couldnt allow her sister to remain in this condition. she didn't care where they went as long as she didn't have to be here anymore. Kow deserved better a place that wouldn't hurt her, they could ignore her for all Hasu cared, but as long as no one ever hurt her again. 

Hasu was about to start her attack and interruption of this stupid assault against her sister, when she heard her sister start to cry not loudly but soft sobs that wracked her tiny body, her body was shaking from the effort she was putting into not just losing it on the stage. her blood dripping off her back began to glow like a torch, sizzling and causing smoke to arise from the stage. and Kow spoke not in her sweet and small voice but in a  deep thunderous voice that could make a god move. 

"Why do you hurt a child, who has done nothing but protect you from the true horrors of this curse as you put it. " Kows head rose from looking at the ground revealing all four of her eyes.

"This child has protected you from me, the one monster that has wanted nothing more then to rip you worthless excuse of a village apart," Kow toke a deep breath, looking at her you could see the scales that surrounding her eyes were prominent a deep fire red, her teeth has also started to elongate, to the point they seemed more like snake fangs then human teeth. 

"I give you one warning only, hurt this child again and ill place a curse on you, my vessel is nothing but kind, and you've taken her kindness to far I will have this no more." Kows red snake eyes were scanning people in the crowd focusing on her parents for longer then necessary, a deep promise was made in those eyes which her mother could see were true. they scanned the could more till they themselves landed on Hasu, they filled with love and respect, before they went back over to their parents. 

when they made eye contact and acknowledged the threat made in those words, before her snake eyes fell closed and Kow fell unconscious, not cracking her head because she was still chained up to the pole. 

The village should have listened  to that voice and promise. for the next few years would be more peaceful for Kow, the village still held fear and would do things that would hurt her emotionally now instead of physical pain. but the voice held its end of the deal until one day 4 years later, when the village broke their end of the deal.