The way of Life

It started as a normal day in the compound, hot, kids yelling, and the normal beating of the "demon" child as everyone called her, but her name is Kowareta. Her mother named her that after she realized her child had the cursed marks, the ones that marked her as a demon and monster to the clan.

Her head hung low as, her mom and father dragged her to the clan square, where the blood covered stage was. They always did this when her sister was on trade excavations, her sister, Hasu, was known in the clan as the demon protector. She was the only one who loved her sister and didn't hurt her.

The blood stained wooden stage, was just in view much to Kowareta's horror. The stage had a hangman like pole in the center where they would tie her up and whip her till a certain point. The wood was old and splintered, almost rotten in some areas, with a pedestal full of different types of torture devices. Anywhere from whips to brands, knifes to acid, and poisoned foods that would be forced down her throat.

The clan kept her scarlet red hair long, so when she runs they can grab her easily. She was forced from a young age to cover up her "cursed" eyes. To her they were one of the most beautiful things in the world.

The dark red dragon like eyes were hypnotizing, they were in such a dark red they were like Rubys. the area around her eyes had some scales  very small almost unnoticeable mostly unless you're looking closely they match with her skin tone, perfectly.

Kowareta got to the stairs to the stage. It was almost time for the show of the day. From what she knows it's the clan doctors turn today, his name is Mr. Igaku, he's usually a decent person around her. He treats her wounds when they get to bad, or when something is broken. He wasn't one of the worst people she had faced before. One time , Mis. Kattā, grabbed one of the biggest knifes she could find, she cut till she saw my ribs then kept putting acids in the wound.

The doctor was definitely one of the nicer people in her clan. His green and blue eyes held regret every time he hurt her, that was always a nice thing to see.

" I'm really sorry Kow, I really am." His dark deep molasses like voice,coating her ears in softness and comfort.

"It's ok, I understand why you have to do this Mr. Igaku. Just I ask you not to use the poisoned food today, please?"  Kowareta pleaded, her eyes that weren't covered had a glazed look.

"I'll try Kow, but you know how I can't choose what I do to you." Mr. Igaku said regretfully, "let's hope they go easy on you today."

"You and I both know that won't happen." Kowareta softly whispers, her eyes full of sadness.

Soon the town square was filled with, everyone from the clan. Kowareta, looked down at the people who came to watch, every eye that stared back had the familiar glint of  hate  some had pity but those were only a certain few.
Soon the Game Master as he liked to be called brought out the box. That dreaded box, carved horribly with scripture of a lost language, the top had a slot big enough for people to fit there arm for a slip, that slip held what torture she would have for an hour, after the hour was up she had to get out or fix whatever damage was caused.

Mr. Igaku's boots clomped to the box, slowly and carefully. When he reached the box his wrinkled hand went into the box and came out, with a folded square of paper, the one that held her fate. 

"Mr. Igaku, hand me the paper please." The electronic voice of  The Game Master asked politely. Mr. Igaku gulped quietly and gave the square to the short fat man.

"Thank you Mr. Igaku, now please go to the podium and wait till I announce the punishment." The Game Master said with a monotone voice.  Mr. Igaku slowly walked to the podium as if he was trying to stall time. Making it to the podium The Game Master turned to the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank you for being here, now let's get this thing rolling." His dark beads of eyes went and opened the folder square, every crinkle making her more and more nervous. "Today's Punishment will be whipped, but with a twist." At that Kowareta's stomach dropped "It also has a bladed tail."

Kowareta's nervousness died, this wasn't the first or the last time she'll be dealt this card.

All Kowareta wanted was for people to accept her and her "curse". Her hope is that her sister comes home soon with her usual Bouquet of snow white lilies, telling her everything was gonna be OK and that she wouldn't let anyone hurt her again. That was this girls only wish at the moment. She prayed that she would be able to leave soon.

A/N:
So I'm really sorry that I'm a horrible writer. But hopefully you enjoy this. Even tho it's kinda shit. Also Kowareta in this chapter is like 5 or 6. Soon she will be with the main characters. And please comment if you like it or if you think it needs improvement in some areas.