Chapter 41

" Foreever?"

"This freaking fucking contract is forever!  Where is my escape clause? "

I leaned over his desk, flat bossoms heaving in agitation. 

"You're being my wife. That is forever," said Mark almost with equal aggression.

I stared down at him in horror.  "You said. ..you said ...you only needed me to secure your inheritance. Why does it have to be forever? "

I stared at him feeling oddly hurt and abused. As if he had been silently mistreating me without my knowledge and in a way he had.

For years now he has kept me at my job and under his nose not because of my skills and capabilities but because I afforded him a means of securing his fortune. He kept me in the dark all this while so that he could himself have the fling of a lifetime all the while I was kept waiting and pure for him.

He had his cake now he wanted his desserts too.  The fortune that marrying me would give him.

"Well what's in this for me? Why should I even sign this bloody contract?" I asked him hoarsely. I was almost shaking in horror.  Reading that contract had been more scary than the most horrifyingly scarry movies.  I had laid out in black and white with absolute detail that I would wed and remain wed to this man till death do us part. That I would bed and bare the child of this man and this man only till death do us part. That should either of us die under suspicious causes the fortunes we inherit on our wedding night will instantly be revoked.  The clause on my virginity was as extensive. I would have to remain a virgin till my wedding night. Subject myself to an inspection before consummation and after consummation of our marriage to prove that the deed was done.  Only on the receipt of the marriage certificate and the two medical examination reports will the fortunes of one eccentric relation of Marks revert to us. Not him. Not me. But to the both of us as a couple. 

" You will be my wife and so share my fortunes.  All of it.  Not just what we will inherit from my uncle, " said Mark a little bleakly.

I almost winced for him at that.  It must surely hurt knowing that his entire life's efforts and those of his ancestors as well as this new fortunes will be as much mine as it will be his.

"The contract has been solely designed with complete compliance to my uncle's will's demands. I have added nothing else to it. Simply because I couldn't but I would like to say that I would want a family at some point. So consider that before you sign.  Even though I expect you to do nothing else but sign that god damned contract," he whispered almost furiously.

I would have equal share in the fortunes he would amass. I think it was time we talked numbers.

"Just how much is this inheritance you are so anxiously seeking through my means?" I asked him finally.