A Dark Past pt.2

Trigger Warning: Violence, Language, Self harm, suicidal thoughts, depression

Jade Mikaelson

"After I heard what you did, I didn't barge in and confront you. Even though I was upset I pretended I never heard anything and decided to talk to you in the morning. However, in the morning, I couldn't stand seeing you, so I went to Kol for comfort. He listened to me and helped me get through the pain. He told me he'd talk to you later. So I went on a walk to calm myself, but when I returned you had daggered Kol and Finn and you and the rest of your siblings had disappeared.

The first year after that was torture. I blamed myself for what happened. I became depressed, I started looking for methods to relieve the immense agony that was tearing me apart. I tried killing myself, numerous times but I couldn't. Aamon continuously saved me, assuring me that I'd regret it if I didn't get back at you or at the very least find out why you had done it. So I began my search for you. I searched for 5 years but had no luck and over the course of those years I had found people who wanted my protection and promised to be loyal to me in return, so I accepted their offers. They became my hybrids. Were-witches.

On the 6th year of searching for you, I became so frustrated that I turned it off. Anyone who knew me said that the next decade that I lived with no humanity was utterly shocking and people became terrified of me. I disagree with them because that decade was the decade that I became the better version of me that I am now. Within the first 3 years of the decade I invented and formed the Mafia, now anyone who is in the Mafia, any warlords, gangsters whatever they call themselves, they all answer to me. I became a ruthless queen who did whatever she wanted and no one would stop her but never once did I cheat on you. The two years after the invention of the Mafia, I focused on my mind reading and shapeshifting skills and perfected them.

By that time, I had formed a small army of 1000 men and women. People called me a psycho and I took it with pride because I was and I still am. After that long decade, do you know what brought me back? Kol. The last year without my humanity, on Christmas Eve, you had undaggered Kol and when you were all sleeping, he located me and got me back. As much as I didn't want to turn it on again, I was overjoyed to see my best friend.

As a Christmas gift, he took me out and we went on a little killing spree together. We fed on many people and then we slept before spending Christmas day together. When he went home later that day, you got angry Klaus, because he had left on Christmas day and so you daggered him again. He had told me where you were before he left, and I was ready to find you but of course my cowardly husband ran, too afraid of confrontation. Over next year, my depression worsened, yet again. I wouldn't do anything and my followers became concerned. Again, Aamon came to my aid and got me out of a depressed state and suggested I go to get therapy. I tried it for a century but it was unsuccessful.

Just as I was about to turn into a pathetic creature crying over her husband, I found something. There is a little city not far from New York called Gotham. There, I heard of the Joker. Him and his woman Harley Quinn were said to use a method of therapy I'd never heard of, but it was supposedly successful. So I went to Gotham. I spoke to them, became allies and requested to get the therapy. But what I didn't expect was it to be electroshock therapy. The first time they did it, I felt amazing so I asked to come whenever I felt like and in return for this, I would turn them both. They happily agreed and then I got therapy from them twice a month.

From then until now, I carried on growing my army. I continued the search for you my dear husband and I took therapy sessions whenever I needed them. Everytime I was close to finding you, you had moved. When Kol was not daggered he would tell me everything including all the women you fucked. But no matter what, I couldn't stop loving you and that may be my greatest mistake unless you prove me wrong now" I concluded, and saw half of them crying.

"I don't want your sympathy" I told them, coldly. Then I turned to Klaus. "If you really love me, you will save me" I told him. His eyebrows rose in confusion and then Aamon walked in with the gasoline and matches I had asked for. Klaus's eyes widened in horror and I smiled before pouring gasoline all over my body. I then lit a match and quickly muttered "aperta!" (Open!) to break Klaus's bonds. He noticed and stood up, so I lit  the match, dropping it onto my dress, the amber flames engulfing me. Within minutes, my whole body was alight. Nik tried to speed to me but he was too late. I screamed (rather dramatically) at the heat. 

Niklaus Mikaelson

My wife finished the story and I couldn't believe all the pain I put her through. I've always been too much of a coward to face her.  Suddenly, she shouted at my family and our allies, at me. She told me if I loved her, I would save her. I didn't know what she meant until Aamon walked in with gasoline and she poured it on herself. Then she muttered a spell and lit her body on fire. I realised too late that my bonds had broken and by the time I got to her, she was ash on the floor.

I didn't care who was watching now, I was broken. My wife just died. That thought ran in circles around my head and I collapsed by her ashes and screamed until my throat was raw. I began to cry and regret all my life choices after I left her. If only I could go back and fix it all, I'd never cheat on her,  I'd never let her go...

"So you really do still love me, huh?"