Chapter 12

(A/N: Second to last chapter guys! Thanks for hanging in with me this long! ~S)

            I woke up a few minutes later to someone touching my face.

            “Come on, Maggie, wake up,” the voice said.

            “Come on, 2 more minutes,” I said, and tried to roll over, but felt a shot of pain. I felt my eyes widened and gasped. It came back to me, Ben’s transformation, Doom’s appearance, his attack on me and Ben.

            “Ben,” I gasped. “He hit Ben. Ben’s human. Is he okay?”

            “Yeah, Ben’s good, Mags, but we got to go,” Johnny said, and I looked up to see him staring at my chest worriedly. “Vic has Reed.”

            “Reed!” I shouted, and tried to sit up, and let out a pained cry. There was a small layer of ice over a burn on my chest. Taking a deep breath, I melted it, and it was gone.

            “That was cool,” he said, and I nodded, holding up my arm.

            “Help me up,” I told him. He pulled me up, and gave me a hug.

            “You okay?” I asked, rubbing his back.

            “What, yeah, I’m fine,” he said, and gently pushed away. I looked at him with a small smirk.

            “Look at you, big Johnny Storm showing off his big heart,” I said, and laughed when he glared. “We have work to do, come on,” I told him, and took off my t-shirt and jeans, revealing my suit underneath. “I have a limited wardrobe as it is right now,” I explained, and floated down to the lab level. He flamed and wobbled following me.

            “Hey, you’ve almost got it,” I told him.

            He nodded, smiling, but we sobered as we walked to Ben who was explaining things to Sue.

            “Vic was affected by the cloud, like us,” he said, and when he saw me, he breathed a sigh of relief.

            “You okay, kid?” he asked.

            “Been better,” I told him.

            “Where’s Reed?” Sue asked.

            “Vic must have taken him,” Ben said, and looked behind me. I turned and saw a huge hole in the window.

            “Reed,” I shouted, flying up to examine the hole.

            “No, no,” I thought, and saw he had nowhere to have safely landed. I floated through and down. Reed was nowhere to be found, and Jimmy was curled over.

            “Jimmy,” I said, landing and turning back to normal so I could roll him over.

            “Mr. von Doom,” He coughed. “He took Mr. Reed. I’m so sorry.”

            “Not your fault,” I told him, and looked to the other people, “Have you called an ambulance?”

            “Yes!” someone shouted.

            “You make sure to give them my name when they come,” I told him, and looked to Jimmy. “I’ll handle everything,” I told him. And backed away to fly back into the building.

            “He hurt Jimmy, and Jimmy told me that Vic took Reed. I’m assuming they went to his apartment across the way,” I told them as I landed on the balcony.