CHAPTER III

The Jr Egyptologist let out a sigh probably for the hundredth time now to which the Pharoah growled beneath her breath in annoyance. After Neferkara's somewhat encouraging words; ‘If a man has committed himself to spend a life with you, you must trust one another’. She told her to stay in the car to which she received a hum as a reply. The British woman, with courage she could gather and from the Pharaoh's advise, got out her Audi car that was parked right outside the house she shared with her fiance.

Already in the her mind she had been practicing what to say to Alain when she opened the door closing it behind her, entering the cozy home. Though she felt encouraged, she couldn't help but feel nervous as to what the Frenchman's reaction will be.

She knew he certainly will not be pleased.

But she also knew, if she wanted to start this next chapter of her life with Alain, there shouldn't be secrecy and there must always be a strong pillar of trust that withhold their commitment to one another. That's what her mother taught her.

"Mon amour, I know we're about to start our life with one another. And we need to trust each other..." Kleo started after finding Alain all dressed to go somewhere, probably to the store as they needed a few groceries but that could wait for a little while as she lead the Frenchman to the living room where they sat down. "So, I've decided to come clean. And please do not freak out."

Alain nods slowly. "Alright."

He was was internally panicking, ‘Is she having second thoughts about their courtship? Did something happen that she had to slowly lead him to their living room in this manner? His heart pounds within the confines of his ribcage, feeling his fiance's nervousness as she fiddled with her fingers.

The London born woman was about to speak but was abruptly cut off when her full name was called. "Kleopatra Carter."

Kleo shut her eyes and cursed below her breath. She hated it when she was addressed by her full name. Growing up when her full name was yelled, it usually meant she was in trouble and Neferkara had taken the liberty to doing so lately. Especially when she started nicknaming the Pharaoh, Kara.

"What happened?" Kleo struggled to hide the growl.

Just then, a young woman came into view with short curly hair and striking turquoise blue eyes. Strikingly beautiful... except for the frown that laid across her features.

"I demanded food from one of my subjects and was refused my favourite dish. Then I was asked to pay." The Egyptian expressed after she kindly demanded her favourite dish but the 'hotdog' seller dismissed it and told her pay if she wanted a hotdog. She had growled loud enough for him to hear before taking out one her priceless jewels demanding him to keep the change to which she received the strange food which anything but a dog which was hot, walking away. She exaggeratedly pointing towards herself, stretching out every syllable. "Me. The Pharaoh."